Ai In Other Games

Wijitmaker

I like a good balance between micromanagement and villager AI. I don't think micromanagement should EVER been completely removed from an RTS game, because that's what seperates the "men from the boys" (i.e. experts from beginners). To get very good at an RTS game, you need to be able to micromanage AND strategize at the same time.

That said, I like games that take a little focus OFF of micro. A good example is the "farm queues" in the AoK X-pack. You could buy farms in advance, so when your farms expired, your villagers would automatically replant them instead of waiting around for you to manually do it.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As a scripter for AOC, I think the Ai should have about the same engine as AOC, but just a bit complicated so it allows interactions between Ai's. That was the only part that was missing IMO, there should also be an enhanced fact checking so all settings in the map can be checked.

I'm looking forward to this game, especially if I'm able to make scripts for this game! :)