Alekusu

Hey guys,

I'd like to know the best timing of other players to reach the 300 pop limit.

I did a few tests against the IA in really easy difficulty so it doesn't attack me.

I reached 300 population with the britons in 16min with 60 women / 240 soldiers (infantry only)

What's your timing ?

(please give the time when you reach 300, with the number of women and tell if it's infantry only or infantry/cavalry mix)

I just want to know if I can make it quicker or not.

thx !

Yes I get to phase 2.
My build order at the beginning is classic, some women on wood, then later transition to farms.
Before phasing, I have 12 farms (60 womens) and it is enough to produce from 3 barracks and CC batches of 10 soldiers.
I also have 15 soldiers on stone to make slingers, 10 soldiers on metal for upgrades, a market to trade my extra wood to food.

If I new how to record a video, I would put it here to show you. If someone knows a good way/software for me to record a video while playing I'll do it. I'm on a mac by the way

Edited by Alekusu

Ele is Impresive how you dominates the micro and the features from the game, I Like your acurracy with mouse and the gestion of your units in the early.

Thanks Lion !

If this video helps, I could do more to show some of my build orders (the first 10mins) and maybe comment also.

• Like 1

When you say villagers do you mean female villagers ? 270 female villagers ?

yeap

so useless for combat, unlike your max out

then again i just used houses. made like one rax and made 10 units out of it, xD

i used iberians which i got from random, i wouldn't have been able to max out as fast with, say, romans because i did a house boom

Does it also differ with the Civilization you use? Are some civilizations more suited for mass unit production than others?

Ptolemes can mass unit faster.

Any civ that have some units than doesn't cost wood (like slingers) or food (like ptolemes archers) are in my opinion more suited for mass unit production. Because that means it will cost stone or metal and these two ressources are really easy to manage (a mine doesn't move) and you can have a better balance between all the ressources.

But, with good micro and practice, I think I can probably get the same result (300pop at 16min with 60women) with any civ.

Edited by Alekusu