===[COMMITTED]=== New Animation (Work in progress)

Jos3BV

Nice work you improves and improves again and again , is amazing. don't forget hunting and shepherd.

As others says can be nice be ambitious and give some more animations like using a saw , even fishing, or hunting with a bow if you can ask to Enrique add alternate animations? ( of course you need finish the planned first ) I'm some inspirated after playing AOE 3.

+ Mining v4

will take some time find a good walk cycle, be patience -_- i'll make the main animation first then add some variations for each one so any recomendation or references i'll be glad to read/see it.

I'm working in the compatibilty with blender, when i have some news you'll be read about it

Rise more the pickaxe.- Topic off is not some late in Chile?-

yes...but i'm a graphic designer lol

Edited by Jos3BV

+ Mining v4

will take some time find a good walk cycle, be patience -_- i'll make the main animation first then add some variations for each one so any recomendation or references i'll be glad to read/see it.

I'm working in the compatibilty with blender, when i have some news you'll be read about it

yes...but i'm a graphic designer lol

you test it in the game, a tip can give you try to play other RTS or see videos about that games the Aok and age of Empires 3 are the best choice.

+ Walk v4

+ Mining v5

+ Carry Ore

IMO the idle is a bit too idle. She could look right left, scratch her hair etc. Why did you change the dress btw ? :)

I'll make those variations after i finish all the main animations. And I wanted to see her legs :naughty: ... i mean, for the animation obviously

• Like 4

Great video, Lion.

Whether a man or a woman, it's the momentum of the tool that does the work - it has to swing through a good long arc. A shorter swing means more force has to be applied to achieve the same speed at impact, the only reason to do that is if there's something in the way that prevents talking a full swing. You don't just use your arms, either, you put your back into it.

The mining animation looks great.

Edited by greenknight32

I'll drop quickly my input in some of the anims, I'll elaborate more later at home:

Mining: I think the arch of swinging the axe should be exaggerated a little bit. The pickaxe don't get momentum, it goes from almost stopped to full speed blow too quick IMHO. Also could use a step forward when giving the blow and move it back to original pose when drawing back the pickaxe?? just thinking loud, you have freedom to see what fits ;)

Carrying ore: I like that we're going to have different carrying animations (yay!). I think that when carrying ores, their back should lean backwards (to counter the material weight). Right now they bend forward, which I think looks unnatural. (Imagine yourself carrying something very heavy in your hands walking forward and you'll see how you lean backwards to keep balance)

Chopping wood: I know that you used Lion's reference to make the animation (around 1:50 I think) however, that woman is chopping wood as fast as she can for a competition. If you're going to make a hard task like chopping, you want a more relaxed back stance. Right now they're bending too much forward, they'll have a big back ache from that pose if they're going to keep chopping for a long time. Also the legs may be too "crouched" but I think it's because I'm seeing them leaning forward too much. The arms timing and the swing flow is perfect though, I really like it and looks very natural.

Carrying wood: Perfect :)

Walking: Looking pretty good :D

Keep up that good work man! really digging your work!

• Like 1

Is very hard found reverence about woman perform this task in a video. And specially doing a horizontal swing

There one most low but not as relax. I can figure it.

I think that one is better than the last one, it was to much relaxed. She wasn't cutting the tree, she was only removing the cortex. Thanks again, it's more easier work with your feedback. i'll make the missing animations before i start to check out new versions, so if you have recomendations, I can work in all at once. :D

• Like 2

I think the arms would get fully extended in the swing of both the axe and the pickaxe. Also, the woman lurches forward too much and it bent over too much. Lik others said, the momentum of the tool is what the swing is for.

Carrying wood and carrying stone = fantastic!

I wish units would move slower when they are shuttling the resource (like in Age of Empire). That way it can be upgraded (maybe we can actually add wheelbarrows and hand carts to the shutting animations too).

Ok finally got the time to change my password that was needed because of the website account hackers some time ago...

But oke not important what is important are your animations great work so far!. But the videos from lion are good for motion reference but you also need to think that those womans are training for chopping wood and basically the womans in 0.A.D are just simple peasants "farmers" no way they chop trees like those female,s and keep in mind they know technics that those simple farmers did not even heard of.

- Stand, I think is way to idle and can use some differens like turning her head or scraching her head etc etc.

Well the other animations looks good and i believe you will make them perfect.

hose womans are training for chopping wood and basically the womans in 0.A.D are just simple peasants "farmers" no way they chop trees like those female

Sure they where primitive/simple peasants but not stupid do something for four hours a day you get better or you break so efficiency of the stroke in independent of our own cultural assumptions period.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1

Sure they where primitive/simple peasants but not stupid do something for four hours a day you get better or you break so efficiency of the stroke in independent of our own cultural assumptions period.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Sure not stupid but in reallity the females of that period didn't chopped wood for hours "Its a men,s job" And i still think it sould be that way ingame too female,s sould only do farming, food gattering, herding, And men sould have the harder jobs like mining, wood cutting etc etc and some jobs sould be combined so different units gets different functions.

But anyhow all i meant to say about those videos is that females of 0.A.D sould not be chopping wood like its there profession because its not, They aren't trained wood cutters they are just simple farmers/peasants and that's how they should be depicted ingame.

Thats my view of it anyway.. :thumbsup:

I don't understand something. If the bag of seeds is carriable on the back why is she holding it ? She should have her arms like this maybe :

41646055.jpg

I can't wait to see how they will look with this little hat on their head :)

post-12287-0-37119600-1421795862_thumb.p

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2