Animals aren't visible through Fog of War

arielenter

Hello every one, I'm running alpha XVII Quercus on GNU/Linux and I notice that unlike previous version, animals like deers or elephants that can be hunted aren't visible through Fog of War any more.

Is this a bug or a feature? I hope is not a development decision. I really liked to hunt, but having to remember the location of discovered animals makes it very difficult.

When searching through the Internet I found Development Report that mention that this feature was implemented since Alpha 14 Naukratis:

http://play0ad.com/0-a-d-development-report-13/

Thank you.

• Like 1

Can we make it a feature? Like the animals now count as enemies and will start to actively hunt you? And wolves will hunt the deer and the goats and the idiot gatherers and breed more and more wolves and wolf packs will ravage your tiny lil village devouring women and children? That last bit will work great with the upgraded models, you can watch as your poor terrified civilians are torn apart by gaia, who has decided to stop putting up with your abuse. :lol2:

Edited by chaosislife13

Ummm, is it really a bug tho? I mean, i get that it's called fog of war, but wild animals don't tend to stay in the same place for months until you come to kill them, so if you don't keep a lock on them in real life you'll lose them.

fog of war is just a gameplay mechanic anyway. letting animals be visible in FOW allows hunting to be a viable thing for player.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to hear it's a bug. Thank you all. I'm very happy to see how active is the community :), I really like this game.

Actually was my mistake is not fixed but I'm not sure if this design decision.

----

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/13591

Here is why I was wrong , supossed be fixed.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 2 weeks later...