disabling the mod without deleting the mod.

chaosislife13

I'm working with the SVN version, and the newest update brought a crapton of js errors and unplayability, normally it's just a matter of report and wait, but I don't know if it's an issue with my side or the devs. I've been trying to just turn the mod off, so it doesn't load the mod or use it, but still recognizes it's existence, but i can't get that to happen.

What mod are you actually trying to disable? If it is your own mod all that is needed is to disable it in the mod launcher, recognized or not it won't have an impact on your game (unless you modified files in the public mod)

Edited by niektb

It's mine and I tried that, the enable button doesn't change from enable to disable, honestly it doesn't do anything, the only thing I can think of is to delete the mod listing, then try to start the game, but that doesn't work either, if I reboot it using start mods the mod returns and is used, if I don't do that and just go to the regular screen to play, the civs I removed are still removed so its clearly still using my mod.

Edited by chaosislife13

ya, but you have to do it in that order or it doesn't work, it's (x) to disable, then save configuration, then load mod. But since I didn't WANT to load the mo but UN-load the mod........... Also the (X) should prolly read disable.

I"m not really understanding these errors, from the first glance I thought there was an issue with the tree template, but the changes there are minor and non-breaky unless it doesn't allow ANY change to an original file. then I noticed that it's not loading any other template either, literally, none of them, every template has an error and i certainly didn't edit every template.

Ok, got it, it wasn't somthing i had changed, it was something the devs changed that I had an old copy of, likely cuz it gets to be a pain having to go over to the original copy a file over then edit it and just hope that i didn't just modify the original instead, since they have the same name and setting the originals to read only doesn't seem to work.

Edited by chaosislife13