Suggestions for the Gauls

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just another suggestion that should improve historical accuracy greatly: Sword unit. I know I mentioned this before, but I probably didn't explain enough: it's inaccurate to only make the elite solduros and cavalry units get swords. Historically swords seem more common among celts than spears, and even the spearmen still had a shortsword.

Oh and for some possibly correct name for units, some you have already included in-game:

Skirmisher=Gaeroas

Swordsman=Bataroi

Spearman=Gaelaiche

Light cavalryman=Leuce Epos

Heavy Cavalryman=Brihentin

Elite Swordsman=Solduros

Archer=Sotroas

Slinger=Iaosatae

Edit: Skirmisher cavalry would be Leuce Epos and the current Epos unit would be Donno Eporadai (I'm not sure if I spelt that right).

Edited by Germanic_celt79
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally found a way to render colors just like 0ad does in Blender. In Cycles you have to use those nodes.

Nice Stan that looks like a fairly std node setup for an image texture as all that is different is mixing in that red ;) if you want a good library of node groups check out "b-wide_NodePack" about 70 very useful noodles just append them from the provided .blend

Enjoy the Choice :)

stan is this wonder or civis center? It look too big for civic venter.

It was indeed planned to be a wonder for the gauls. Since it will not likely be one, i will Include it in my eyecandy mod for those who want.

The idea behind this building was to replace the Stonehenge one, since it only fits the Britons( I also made the uffington horse but it was not used).

I believe it was meant to be a wonder (read page 6)

Indeed.

Nice Stan that looks like a fairly std node setup for an image texture as all that is different is mixing in that red ;) if you want a good library of node groups check out "b-wide_NodePack" about 70 very useful noodles just append them from the provided .blend

Enjoy the Choice :)

Nice, I don't often use them, but if I need something really specific one day I'll look into it. Thank you.

Sorry, haven't checked in a while. Looks fantastic. When you have the time to add this wonder in, do you also plan to update the Gaulish towers to the latest version? Well done, though. Thanks for your help so far in my small suggestion, I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Germanic_celt79

Sorry, haven't checked in a while. Looks fantastic. When you have the time to add this wonder in, do you also plan to update the Gaulish towers to the latest version? Well done, though. Thanks for your help so far in my small suggestion, I greatly appreciate it.

Did I forget to add them ?