Delenda Est: An overhaul mod for 0 A.D.

wowgetoffyourcellphone

I played DE white Dover cliffs and the maps is really nice! One thing I noticed is that fishing boat/s has very short LOS that I can only see the enemy warship when almost side by side with it. 

Also is it possible to add 400 pop cap? 

Edited by Servo

I know maybe my pc lags or the game lags. Anyhow it's alpha but if we it will take years to fix lags on more pops a quick fix should be in place to make it playable for max number of players on a given map. 

I tested monkey wrench mod last night and had a max 300 pop and maybe between 200 AI and it's lagging quite bad(as in MP lag of 6 players at 200 max pop) though it's just a 1v1. 

19 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Looks pretty badass though.

screenshot1277.png
screenshot1280.thumb.png.1c30aae0d380c3480285fdca9eaaac84.png

If I was in charge, which I'm not, I'd commission an artist to create a series of backgrounds, one for each faction in the core game. Two layers: The background layer, and the foreground soldier/unit/character looking over his/her shoulder at the player, like, "Join me, or die!"

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

If I was in charge, which I'm not, I'd commission an artist to create a series of backgrounds, one for each faction in the core game. Two layers: The background layer, and the foreground soldier/unit/character looking over his/her shoulder at the player, like, "Join me, or die!"

You would be dropping several thousand out of the treasury, possibly tens at that level of finish. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LordGood said:

You would be dropping several thousand out of the treasury, possibly tens at that level of finish. 

Yep. Or maybe not. Depends on who you get. Deviant Art is full of talented people.

Also, it depends on the composition of course. The top one has a lot less going on than the bottom one. I'd model them all off the top one anyway.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

0AD definitely needs more promotional art, backgrounds and top-tier screenshots for promotion. The screenshots on the 0AD home-page are more than 4 years old! They need to be replaced because they don't showcase the game nicely, but those are the first screenshots people see.... They're not even taken at highest graphic quality settings, and make the game look old and cheap, which it really isn't...

LordGood has done an awesome job, on the new backgrounds for the home screen, but having one for each civ would be awesome!

The loading screens also have incredibly old (kind of ugly) screenshots. All of them need to be replaced in my opinion.  

I recently played around in Atlas, to try to make a nice environment for screens:

Spoiler

I know the game can't currently play on maps like this, but this is the direction 0AD should be heading in my opinion:

11.thumb.jpg.29b54261db812e6abad71cf54738c9ce.jpg

• Like 3