Delenda Est: An overhaul mod for 0 A.D.

wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 2 weeks later...

niektb has offered to start converting many AOE icons to original icon. He is doing good job so far! (attached are a couple he made). If anyone else wants to help make more icon then that would speed up the mod's wide release! There are about 100 more icons that can be made (my mod has over 200 technologies). So far Lion Kanzen and niektb have contribute to original portrait content and the mod uses LordGoo's farms. I have started a contributors.txt.

Also, attach are new Phase icons I made for the phase tech of the game. I think these look very nice (the smooth texturing resizes very nicely by the GUI) and I remade them because I think phase tech should stand out more above other techs.

post-16580-0-73431400-1435343379.png

post-16580-0-66248800-1435343380.png

post-16580-0-14198600-1435343381.png

post-16580-0-64877400-1435343381.png

post-16580-0-14831400-1435343382.png

post-16580-0-64469300-1435343382.png

• Like 4

I have started adding Epirotes to the mod. They are a Hellenistic faction similar to Macedonians in many ways (mostly unit roster), but with some major differences in gameplay (no siege workshop, modified tech tree and different bonuses and penalties). I hope to make them a berserker civ that hit hard, but loses hard too. Aggressive attacks, but expensive units that sting the player to lose them. Pyrrhic Victory is the way I want them to play. Hopefully I can make that a reality.

They get the Molossus Hound, trainable from house, 1 per house. They are a pike infantry civ, with the 'White Shield Phalangite.' They also have Chaonian Guard champions, Agema Cavalry champions, Thessalian Lancers, Tarentine Cavalry (heavy skirmish cavalry), Thesprotian Thureophoroi (heavy skirmishers), and Towered War Elephants. Pyrrhus of Epirus is their "Hannibal" or "Scipio"-level hero, with supporting heroes Alexander I the Molossian and Alexander II of Epirus. Their mercenary camp units are: Italiote Hoplites, Galatian Swordsmen, and Cretan Archers.

post-16580-0-11940700-1435344289.png

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

Epirus was a Greek kingdom made famous by King Pyrrhus of Epirus (Pyrrhos ton Epeiros), when he took the offer from the Italian Greek city Tarentum (Taras) for help against the Romans. Epirus itself was a newly united state, formerly divided among the 3 chief tribes Chaonians, Thesprotians, and the powerful Molossians. Pyrrhos' uncle was Alexander I the Molossian, a contemporary of Alexander the Great, who, like Pyrrhos, also warred against the Romans. A few times the king of Epirus even managed to steal the throne of Macedonia for himself, once by Pyrrhos and once by his son Alexander II of Epirus. Later, Epirus founded itself as a federal democracy, but was broken up once the Romans warred with Macedon.

----

Some possible tech:

- Oracle of Zeus (Dodona)
- Oracle of Hades (Nekromanteion)
- War Dance (Pyrrhichios)
  • Like 1

Dude you are a machine! Well done, this mod looks awesome. One thing I really think is missing from the main game is more Tech's, especially later on. Also the idea of placing store houses + farms outisde the main territory is very interesting and I feel would fit in well with the idea of upscaling the size of the maps. Would lead as you say to strong centers and weak surroundings.

• Like 1

Commited merc Athenians to github.

Mercenary Hoplite

Thracian Peltast (removed from Barracks)

Cretan Archer

Greek Allied Cavalry

They work perfrectly. Capture merc camp and Athenian mercs can be trained. Up to 20.

Next stop is Britons.

Not sure what to give them I have slate a Caledonian Raider (similar to the Gallic Gaesatae).

• 1 month later...

Okay, look like again for some reason my Commerce Taxes tech is buggd.

Here is tech:

{"genericName": "Commerce Taxes","description": ".","cost": {"food": 200, "wood": 200, "stone": 100, "metal": 100},"requirements": {"tech": "phase_city"},"requirementsTooltip": "Unlocked in City Phase.","icon": "weights_measures.png","researchTime": 40,"tooltip": "The Market building gives the player a trickle of 100 of each resource per minute.","modifications": [{"value": "ResourceTrickle/FoodRate", "add": 10},{"value": "ResourceTrickle/WoodRate", "add": 10},{"value": "ResourceTrickle/StoneRate", "add": 10},{"value": "ResourceTrickle/MetalRate", "add": 10}],"affects": ["Market"],"soundComplete": "interface/alarm/alarm_upgradearmory.xml"}

Here is code for the Market to make it work:

<ResourceTrickle>    <Rates>       <food>0.0</food>       <wood>0.0</wood>       <stone>0.0</stone>       <metal>0.0</metal>     </Rates>     <Interval>6000</Interval>   </ResourceTrickle>

----------------------------------------------------

I now have the 4 tech for Chanakya done. They are:

"Artha" - A Sound Economy

• Market +20 resource tax rate

"Rajarshi" - A Wise and Virtuous Kingship

• Heroes +10% Health
"Dandaniti" - A Maintenance of Law and Order
  • All Support units -10% Train time
"Ahinsā" - A Compassion for Animals
  • Domestic Animals, Cavalry, and Elephants +10% Health
  • Like 1

Yes, trickle rate are available. But at one point in time the tech worked as intended. I am not sure if the core game changed or if I introduce bug on my end. I don't remember changing my tech to bug it, but I may have. I should have been clear on asking if core game had changed how this effect was coded or not, then I could have investigate if I had bugged it myself.

Yes, trickle rate are available. But at one point in time the tech worked as intended. I am not sure if the core game changed or if I introduce bug on my end. I don't remember changing my tech to bug it, but I may have. I should have been clear on asking if core game had changed how this effect was coded or not, then I could have investigate if I had bugged it myself.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/16783

Reintroducing concept of pop costs.

Support Unit: 1 pop

Infantry: 2 pop (food cost increased from 50 to 60)

Cavalry: 3 pop (food cost reduced to 75 from 100)

Elephants, Chariots, Siege: 3 pop

To compensate, I now take 500 the default max pop. Experimental for now. Should have roughly same number units as before. It's rare to hit max pop anyway.

I also make 'Fertility Festival' (unlock train women at House) depend on number of women workers. Need to have 20 women first to unlock Fertility Festival. Though, this now throw error in Struct Tree because the Struct Tree code does not know what "class" means in tech requirements. I will try to make an account and add to Track if not already there.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have done that for most skirmish map.

I want more for Random map. Like AoK I'm trying to imitate rush tactics from AoK in 0A.D, but only work if you can make towers near enemy dropsites. Or create ranged for rush them without protection of CC. So 0 A.D is more like AoM because the hard to perform an early rush, that destroy the economy. If you ask me the citizen soldier only can work in second phase, this way the first phase is only economic aperture, but the first soldier must be villager with some training and armed with poor weapons.