Delenda Est: An overhaul mod for 0 A.D.

wowgetoffyourcellphone

Ok, I test today, few minutes ago the mod, is amazing, the only thing I don't was low rate from farms, I reach to III phase.

- You need to adjust your gameplay from official build to my mod. Civic Center and Temple have "Civic Spaces" aura that penalize farms building built near them. Also, some maps have farmland +100% bonus enabled. More maps coming.

Things I like from the game , the units cost only 2 kind resources

- Agree. Only a few techs cost 3 or 4 resources and those are very big techs in Phase 4.

Temple aura

- Would like to find vector artist to draw many different aura texture. Core game has some bug with this though (footprint are quads not decals; also created unit and ungarrisoned unit appear at edge of footprint/aura instead of at edge of obstruction like they should)

Icons I know is copyrighted

- Working on it. (y)

The storehouses and other outside from the city, can be nice have a unit can have influence to don't decay.

- Maybe female can cast an aura that prebent decay? Not sure.

Need more variety technologies , you have very great exquisite relish to select these for your mod but can be nice more.

- I have very large list of technology still not in the mod because official core game limits. Example is Forging which is tech that reduce cost of other techs. maybe we can give techs classes so they can be affected by techs too.

Can be nice add wheat farm from Ponies Ascendants because never was committed to 0 A.D , I planned the same for Aristeia.

- Already added. Todo: Credits file to credit Aristeia&Lordgood for the farm field.

And if you want I Can create custom GUI for your mod.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

Hi guys. Lion rendered new icon for tech portrait, "Sentries."

I also implement big changes to gameplay.

1. Only Civic Center make territory now. Each phase upgrade makes territory grow +10%. Most buildings must be built in this territory around the CCs.

2. Storehouse, Farmstead, and Fields all can be built outside territory. In fact, with "farmland" bonuses now impkemented, it is very preferable for player to build his farming operations out in the countryside.

3. Fortress can be built outside territory too, but has 5 limit, so acts like forward base or chokepoint holdfast depending on need or strategy.

4. Civic Centers cannot be built within 360 meters of each other, mean for most of match there is "no-man's land" between CC territories. Only in Phase IV Imperial Phase do territory overlap.

5. Outpost and Docks remains same behavior.

6. Moved cavalry from Phase I to Phase II. I may give them buff. There is a tech for them at Corral.

These changes make gameplay much different. Makes the player build cities, with strong cores, and then the countryside is weak and suffer to invasion and raiding. Let's players gather resources anywhere, but because cannot build defenses at these sites makes them tough to defend.

Some more planned or hoped changes for the future of Delenda Est:

1. A tech to make unmanned wall towers shoot (like the Sentries tech for defense towers, looking for name suggestion here: "Town Watch"?). Since stone walls can only be built around CCs now, self-shooting towers no longer a exploit problem (player would sometimes make them at forward positions like tower pushing).

2. Continue to add garrison points for remaining forteesses. (See Carthage and Mauryan fortresses for good examples). Need to find a way to make only ranged infantry show up on battlement. Some fortresses will need redesign for model, some more than others.

3. Had corraling working, but SVN changes broke it. Hope to get that working again because it was really cool. The garrison points were bugged because sheep would try to wander around, but the food trickle worked as planned.

4. Find a way to make buildings spawn units when they are destroy, a "Citizen Militia" tech.

5. Needs some programming, but would like to add techs and aura for to alter other technologies and auras. I propose "class" system be implement for techs and aura for this purpose. Sound good?

A9DoRky.pngAnother shot of LordGood's farm fields. Here you see that they are built on "farmland" and this farmland gives a farming bonus (right now, +100%). You can also see that they can be build outside territory. You also see defense tower does not affect territory anymore. You can upgrade the Phase I wood towers to stone towers in Phase II.

post-16580-0-87051700-1426923954.png

• Like 5

[...]

These changes make gameplay much different. Makes the player build cities, with strong cores, and then the countryside is weak and suffer to invasion and raiding. Let's players gather resources anywhere, but because cannot build defenses at these sites makes them tough to defend.

[...]

Sounds nice!

How did you implement the farmland aura?

How did you implement the farmland aura?

Made a gaia object with an aura. Make it affect " Enemy." Since all player are enemy to Gaia, the aura affect all players. :) This of course a hack, but one that works very good. I will try similar hack to try to get Celts and Iberians to have battle bonus in forest.

Object have this in code:

<Auras>    <Farmland>      <Type>range</Type>      <Radius>20</Radius>      <Affects>Gatherer</Affects>      <AffectedPlayers>Enemy</AffectedPlayers>      <Modifications>        <ResourceGatherer.Rates.food..grain>	  <Multiply>2</Multiply>	</ResourceGatherer.Rates.food..grain>      </Modifications>      <AuraName>"Farmland" Aura</AuraName>      <AuraDescription>Gatherers +100% Farm Gather Rate within 20 meters. This is a hack to create "Farmlands" in the game.</AuraDescription>    </Farmland>  </Auras>

Object also invisible in the game with this code:

<Selectable>    <EditorOnly/>    <Overlay>      <Texture>        <MainTexture>auras/test/1024x1024_aura.png</MainTexture>        <MainTextureMask>auras/test/1024x1024_aura_mask.png</MainTextureMask>      </Texture>    </Overlay>  </Selectable>  <VisualActor>    <SilhouetteDisplay>false</SilhouetteDisplay>    <SilhouetteOccluder>true</SilhouetteOccluder>    <Actor>props/special/common/aura_farmland_20.xml</Actor>    <VisibleInAtlasOnly>true</VisibleInAtlasOnly>  </VisualActor>
  • Like 1

Okay, so I made Athenian Marines and Cretan Mercenary Archers trainable from Athenian Shipyards after research of Iphicratean Reforms (instead of trainable from Trireme). Might change Iphicratean Reforms to an armor and speed tech, make the Marine and Cretans unlock with City Phase instead. it all works: the Marines and Cretans pop out of the shipyard out the back like I hope instead of in the water like I feared.

Macedonians can train war elephant in Imperial Phase.

In pipeline:

• Finish adding visible prop point for rest of Fortress. Fortress with visible points now: Punics (Carthaginians), Indians (Mauryans), Iberians. This is time consuming to do, but reward is nice.
  • Finish adding visible prop point for all Wall Gates. There is bug where is units garrisoned on a Wall Gate will keep the gate open, but that not my concern. :D Visible prop garrisoning has many bug that need worked out with code.
  • Experiment with tree groves giving bonus for some civs (thinking Celts, Iberians, and Mauryans). This is the reason I invent the groves at beginning. I have feeling having every single tree give an aura bonus for barbarian civs would be laggy. Instead, groves are many trees in one object, so one aura for many trees instead of many auras for many trees.
  • Experiment with rams and ships having speed bonus for units garrisoned inside.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to bug fixe by sanderd I added some techs for temples that increase building loyalty (capture points), based on cultural happiness. "Religious Games" for "civilized" civs and "Harvest Fair" for "barbarian" civs. (I used the terms civilized and barbarian loosely and mean no offence). Romans have "Bread and Circuses" for this tech. And I'll modify "Cyrus Cylinder" for Persians.

• Like 2

It's indeed possible to delete a file by adding .DELETED to the end of the filename. So if there's a file template.xml in the public mod that you don't want, putting a template.xml.DELETED file in your mod will remove it (the contents of the file doesn't matter).

Thanks for this information. I am not sure, but I don't seeing this information on the wiki page for modding. Maybe good to add this information?

Hello

I'm trying to run the mod to see all those said nice features (and because feeling like rallying niektb about slow pace and line of sight) but I get errors from my updated svn copy "TypeError: layerset is undefined init@gui/pregame/mainmenu.js:28:18"

I didn't get this error while trying on alpha 18 but I get errors on the screen to select civ, map and so (I know it is not compatible but something seems to be broken with latest svn commits)

Anyway. It looks to me to have kept a lot of the spirit of alpha 16 with linked techs, hardcounter and unit roles. I'd really like to see how it works with new features.

• Like 2