You guys are adding Germanics....right?

Senthos

A friend of mine introduced me to this game and i have to say im totally stoked for it. It looks amazing.

I have played RTS since Age of Empires, aoe2, aom, shogun, rome 2, you name it.

However,

I was disappointed to find that while the game has a Briton and Gaul faction, it lacks any Germanic faction.

Its pretty silly to ignore such a large part of history in a potentially great game.

So, is a Germanic faction being added? If so any idea when?

Thanks,

Edited by Senthos

As a helping artist for the main team, I'm afraid no, it's not planned.

However as a modder (Make sure you check out Milenium AD, Rise of The East, and Aristeia, and any other mods that may come out, I must say it is possible that if we come with a perfectly designed faction devs might consider to add it in the game. HOWEVER, I am not part of the main team (Yet). And seeing how hard it is to balance the current factions I'm affraid it would be a terrible amount of work for little to know benefit if you take out the germans rocks argument.

So it's a MAYBE there will be one, but NOT LIKELY in the main game.

Stan, please be a little bit more careful about what you say if you don't know for sure. It's very nice of you to want to help and all, but sometimes (as in this case) it means that you end up posting false/potentially misleading information.

One or more Germanic groups is very likely to be included in 0 A.D. Empires Besieged, the second part of the game that we want to work on once 0 A.D. Empires Ascendant is finished. The first part covers 500 B.C. - 1 B.C. and the second one 1 A.D. - 500 A.D.

As the Germanic peoples had a greater impact on history during the later period that's when we want to add them. Now, we are not finished with the first part yet, so no hard, definitive plans have been made yet (nor will be for quite a while), but I would be very surprised if no Germanic groups are included in Empires Besieged.

• Like 1

Thank you for your helpful and straightforward response.

Although, its unfortiunite, alot of kids will compare them to Gauls but they hated eachother and had an entirely different culture.

They had a very large chunk of land north of rome and east of the rhine, and were a major part history around 0 A.D.

Players will be missing out on epic faction feuds (such as vs gaul and rome) and cool unit possibilities.

Hopefully the team will reconsider adding them before release.

Edit-- Just seen Feneurs response.

I would like to add that Ariovistus, King of Germania, attacked Gaul around 50ish years BC and was driven back over the rhine by Rome itself.

You guys are overlooking some good stuff if you focus only on the later dates of Germania.

Edited by Senthos

Stan, please be a little bit more careful about what you say if you don't know for sure. It's very nice of you to want to help and all, but sometimes (as in this case) it means that you end up posting false/potentially misleading information.

One or more Germanic groups is very likely to be included in 0 A.D. Empires Besieged, the second part of the game that we want to work on once 0 A.D. Empires Ascendant is finished. The first part covers 500 B.C. - 1 B.C. and the second one 1 A.D. - 500 A.D.

As the Germanic peoples had a greater impact on history during the later period that's when we want to add them. Now, we are not finished with the first part yet, so no hard, definitive plans have been made yet (nor will be for quite a while), but I would be very surprised if no Germanic groups are included in Empires Besieged.

Sorry Feneur :) I should have been more specific and less lionesk :(