0AD units upgrade

Enrique

...what about reducing the time the upgrade animation takes? While units upgrade (the animatin runs), they are invulnerable, take no damage.

It would reduce the micro which is needed to make own units not to aim at an upgrading enemy ...

Edited by zzippy
  • Like 1

Yes, but it involves new animations too. That is because the models do have a completely new rig that allows for better (read: more natural and detailed) animations. The old ones are really old and I believe the rig wasn't really supported anymore (but I'm not entirely sure about the latter)

Yes, but it involves new animations too. That is because the models do have a completely new rig that allows for better (read: more natural and detailed) animations. The old ones are really old and I believe the rig wasn't really supported anymore (but I'm not entirely sure about the latter)

Actually the latter is not true. When I managed to get the armature in Blender, Enrique was able to make new animations, (ie : fishing guy + Testudo anim...) We basically can use the new unit meshes and the old anims. Enrique wanted (wants ?) to get rid of everything and start from scratch, therefore he made new rigs for units (ie : see my archer thread where the guy is opening the hand. Typically, you couldn't do that before, because hands were only one bone).

Really, i don't much care about natural animations just as long as the units aren't gliding across the field walking into people and magically killing them.

Even that need new anims. At least walking, running, attacking (one handed, two handed, spear, archer, slinger), dying + gathering (wood, stone bush fish etc.) I am the only one I know of that is working on it, and my work doesn't meet the required quality. So I believe we will stay with old meshes, at least until april, if not June.

Some people do though.

After playing the settlers you can only do :P

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...