Egyptians! A new faction ... some thing about distruction

franco95

Hello guys, i'm italian, I do not know if my question has already been made, there will be the Egyptian civilization in this game?

I think it's almost obligatory to insert between the ancient civilizations, is one of those who made more history and one of the most fascinating, I noticed that the structures of persia resemble the ancient Egyptian civilization but it is not the same thing. I hope that you will put, partly because it's my favorite :D!!

another question is about the destruction of the structures, I think you should improve the animation of when a structure falls apart, and not simply as a sink when it was raised, it is the only thing I did not like the game, the rest bug is acceptable ;)

• Like 1

The Egyptians generally fall outside of the timeframe of 0 A.D., the Old Kingdom and the New Kingdom were long before the 500 B.C. to 500 A.D. timeframe, with the Ptolemies, one of the Diadochi or the Successor States to the Macedonians under Alexander the Great, being the only incarnation of the Egyptians where Egypt is a major power and that falls within the timeframe. The Aristeia or Bronze Age Mod is planning to add older, pre-500 B.C. civilizations, with the Egyptians being one of their first civilizations. The Council of Modders sub-forum of the Game Modification forum on these forums has more on Aristeia and other mods.

That's mostly a matter of resources: if we had had a ton of animators it would have been done already :) I would say it's a really low priority thing though, seeing as it's something that's only going to be displayed for a short while + there will be a lot of other things going on at the same time. The thing that's complicating it most is probably that there would have to be one animation for each building. The units just needs a few since they can re-use the animations, but the buildings are too different to make that possible.

• Like 1

First of all it needs to be coded. Then each building should be splitted in pieces that will break (Which means we will have to draw the inside for each building. Damage could be done by using decals (like in a fps when shooting in a wall) But that would also mean editing each building with emplacements to draw cracks and fire. The last one would need coding to be realistic ie not having fire when destroyed by a catapult. So anyway It´s a huge amount of work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

another question is about the destruction of the structures, I think you should improve the animation of when a structure falls apart, and not simply as a sink when it was raised, it is the only thing I did not like the game, the rest bug is acceptable ;)

Something like that is planned, there's a ticket for it: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/131