0 A.D. Alpha 17 Quercus is now released!

feneur

...so long as synaptic can see it, all should be well.

Anyone who doesn't use synaptic, is either a fool, or only uses terminal. (dem crazy people)...

...the hell @ champions?
They do as much damage as heroes. This should NOT be intended.
5 consular bodyguards can take down 2 forts and a Civ centre with barely a man dead. In less than a minute.

50 hack damage a piece?!!

We went from buildings being too hard to take down, to them being paper.

*sigh*

Edited by auron2401

root@root:~$ sudo apt-get install 0ad
Lendo listas de pacotes... Pronto
Construindo árvore de dependências
Lendo informação de estado... Pronto
Alguns pacotes não puderam ser instalados. Isto pode significar que
você solicitou uma situação impossível ou, se você está usando a
distribuição instável, que alguns pacotes requeridos não foram
criados ainda ou foram retirados da "Incoming".
A informação a seguir pode ajudar a resolver a situação:

Os pacotes a seguir têm dependências desencontradas:
0ad : Depende: 0ad-data (< 0.0.16) mas 0.0.16-1~ubuntu14.04.1 está para ser instalado
Depende: 0ad-data-common (< 0.0.16) mas 0.0.16-1~ubuntu14.04.1 está para ser instalado
E: Impossível corrigir problemas, você manteve (hold) pacotes quebrados.

??????????

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to the team! Nice work! Makes me even more impatient for release. Thanks for doing this guys!

So, I've been away for a while and wanted to know:

1.Is multithread integration still a high priority (or does A17 have it already?)

2.Which formations were causing a balance issue? I assume the pike-wall?

3.Are any of the unit graphics final?

4.How exactly can water in the look any better? XD You guys are beyond talented! Kudos!

Is multithread integration still a high priority (or does A17 have it already?)

It's actually a pretty low priority. Some things we can't do at all at this point in development as work on the engine was begun before multi-threaded CPUs became common and it's too late to rewrite the entire engine, but in many cases it's because some things are harder to do multithreaded while in development as it's harder to find bugs etc. And some things are really hard to do well as multithreaded as they might need to access the same information at the same time.

It's actually a pretty low priority. Some things we can't do at all at this point in development as work on the engine was begun before multi-threaded CPUs became common and it's too late to rewrite the entire engine, but in many cases it's because some things are harder to do multithreaded while in development as it's harder to find bugs etc. And some things are really hard to do well as multithreaded as they might need to access the same information at the same time.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I didn't think of the engine when thinking about that lol. But seemed like a good way to improve framerates; but that dpeends on how easy it is to optimize for multi, as you said.

Hello. First of all... I want to say I love this game.

One of the things that has captured my attention is the Menu epic soundtrack.

I have tried to find that theme on internet... there is one version of Honor Bound but seems to be old/outdated...

My ears can tell that the theme in current SVN Alpha 17, "Honor Bound" sounds better. :yes3:

Is there a way to get this alter Honor Bound? (seems rearranged to me)