A little Time Travel

Stan`

Today I redownloaded the prealpha 1 version to see what was the curent state one year after the game was opensource. Actually I expected it to look much worse than this. I also notice that some items were removed, And I wanted to know if you saw also things that were there (Even broken by then) that would still be nice to have.

Exemples : The trigger tab, the ability to load maps anywhere from atlas, I also like the way units info are displayed, Since we are talking of restricting the ability to build settlements the 3rd image at the top would be niceĀµ.. I also love the celt scout tower, but that's just me.

post-12287-0-09773000-1413022913_thumb.p

• Like 2

A nice time travel indeed:)

I don't think Civic Centers should be restricted to settlements, AOM like. Being able to place them wherever you want is more strategic (and realistic), it rewards good placement, punishes bad placement, and makes scouting more important than having to monitor/fight over a just few majorly important points. The current way every part of the map has the potential to be important, even ones without resources and that brings more variety from game to game instead of a repetition of focused fights.

Exemples : The trigger tab, the ability to load maps anywhere from atlas, I also like the way units info are displayed, Since we are talking of restricting the ability to build settlements the 3rd image at the top would be niceĀµ.. I also love the celt scout tower, but that's just me.

I think we'll have some form of trigger editor, now that we have triggers, but did it actually work pre-Alpha? A lot of things were implemented pre-OS, then were removed when the simulation was reimplemented by Philip, etc.

Did you try loading maps from anywhere in Atlas? :P That was broken for years until A16(?), because maps are loaded through the VFS, which is mapped to only a few real directories on your computer. The old file dialog was misleading that way, you couldn't really open or save anywhere.

Where I download this version, I want to know how settlements work

http://releases.wildfiregames.com/
  • Like 2

I think we'll have some form of trigger editor, now that we have triggers, but did it actually work pre-Alpha? A lot of things were implemented pre-OS, then were removed when the simulation was reimplemented by Philip, etc.

Did you try loading maps from anywhere in Atlas? :P That was broken for years until A16(?), because maps are loaded through the VFS, which is mapped to only a few real directories on your computer. The old file dialog was misleading that way, you couldn't really open or save anywhere.

http://releases.wildfiregames.com/

Nah it was in the TODO tab. Thing is Sometimes things get forgotten cause a lot of things get changed :)

You can load them in the 7422 commit. However you can't load new maps for obvious reasons.

• 4 weeks later...