lag issues status

Hrm, just applied that patch to my svn version. Looks promising; tested punjab map with 300 pop, 1v1 vs ai ....units move faster, no question.

Especially that stuttering in movement seems to be gone.

Maybe a 2v2 (humans) would be a nice test (atm the lag in 2v2 in a17 is unplayable when 800 units are on the map)?

Anybody else here wants to apply and test?

Edited by zzippy

well, on linux, I put above content in a file in my svn main directory (~/0ad), named file "test.patch".

Then:

cd ~/0ad/sourcepatch -p0 -i ~/0ad/test.patchcd ~/0ad/build/workspaces/gccmake

(hope thats correct, otherwise someone may pls correct me)

Edited by zzippy

Can you post an actual .patch file (and this time do it from the main folder instead of /sources)?

Yes, but not only. This is, unfortunately, useless noise on the forums. Just create a Trac ticket describing what the patch should do. Attach the .patch file, following these instructions.

However, you're only commenting out code. So, even if the code you remove is heavy and problematic, it does do something and removing it must lead to unexpected behaviour... Anyway, just move on to Trac and we'll see about that patch.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

It would be really interesting to try that in multiplayer.

I moved a part of the pathfinding recalculation when a unit hits another units in 'immediate mode' which means it's being calculated in a way that could cause synchronization issue. We definitely need to try that solution in multi-player first to ensure its validity.

Even if it's not working in mp I think we could still start to work on having gatherers not colliding with units.

Yes, but not only. This is, unfortunately, useless noise on the forums. Just create a Trac ticket describing what the patch should do. Attach the .patch file, following these instructions.

However, you're only commenting out code. So, even if the code you remove is heavy and problematic, it does do something and removing it must lead to unexpected behaviour... Anyway, just move on to Trac and we'll see about that patch.

Thanks in advance.

Here we go : http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2908