[Millenium A.D. Part1] Saxon Architectual Reference Pack

Le Druide Gaulois

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the concept looks solid :)

My best suggestion would be to make playercolor more noticeable, the shield works, but the square in top of the door is not going to be visible from camera pov.

Make sure to use another shield in the other part of the structure at least so no matter which way you are looking at the building, you can always see who owns it.

• Like 1

I have an idea that may sound wierd, but think about that: we model those 4 houses and we create 2 textures. Then we make a set of each texture, what would give us a total of 8 different houses, thus more varitety and accuracy. By the way, I meant the CC and barracks to be timber frame.

I've done this one with the Norse, back when we were still using the Celtic longhouse as a placeholder, I say this method is effective in creating more variants.

What I did was, I edited the specific parts of the texture that the model uses, and erased/removed the unused part of the textures to reduce the file size.

You can prolly notify and star it so it shows up in your github dashboard, but I don't know about email notifications...

I've already done both, but I think it only notifies me of releases. It's not notifying me of commits either in the GitHub dashboard or via email =/

Edited by Andrettin

I googled for it and it seems that I (or any repository admin) can hook 2 mail adresses to a commit notification system. We haven't used it till now so I personally don't mind if your mail address is one of those 2. (just send a PM with the e-mail adress you like to have your notifications at)

• Like 1

I googled for it and it seems that I (or any repository admin) can hook 2 mail adresses to a commit notification system. We haven't used it till now so I personally don't mind if your mail address is one of those 2. (just send a PM with the e-mail adress you like to have your notifications at)

Thank you niektb, that's quite kind of you :) But I don't want to give too much trouble for such a thing, I'll simply keep checking the repo manually then.

We can if you think it's worh it (Part of their culture)

EDIT : I'd like to have some refs for swords and spears. Would the celtic sword I made for the 0ad germanics work ?

I've sent you a couple of references for Saxon units/buildings by PM (I didn't want to post those images here since it may get me into trouble sharing such copyrighted material publicly); I hope this helps!

You can subscribe to an Atom feed of commits in a specific branch, you probably should be mostly interested only in master: https://github.com/0ADMods/millenniumad/commits/master.atom

niektb has already subscribed me through GitHub, so I should already be getting the notifications for the next commits, but thanks anyway!

Andrettin, could you send me those building references so I can do more concepts? Thanks in advance.

Of course; sent you a PM now.

Here's the stable, the inside structure is quite complex, so I hope the drawing is understandable. As for all the Saxon roofs, it would be more accurate if they were all flat (and not sectioned as the celtic ones) and dark brown. The Norse roof structure could be reused here.

Looks marvelous :)