Start node for Russian users

laguna

I don't think they are asking for a Russian translation of the game. IMHO, Laguna would rather like to have a Russian language subforum:

WGC Forums → International Forums → Россия.

This would provide an obvious place for questions of Russian players who can't or don't want to post in English.

Whether this is a good idea to bolster the Russian speaking 0AD community or a bad idea leading to a fragmentation of the global community is a tricky question. I don't have a particular opinion on that. I would stick to posting in the English forum and ocassionally check “→ #mylanguage”.

(With a rather liberal interpretation of “stick to”, as this is my first post^^)

Edit1: realized “Tiro” wasn't his name.

Edited by rolf.sievers

This has been discussed in a lot of threads. I think the aim is to keep things in english so everyone can participate and ideas are not spread and lost. Therefore the solution was try to speak english if you can ´t write te traduction next to it and hope someone on the forums or in the team speak both your languages.

The fact that Russian players are not very fluent in English. After all, for a game he did not particularly want, it does not work. For example, I use a translator and is annoying.

And it's easier to play a different game than seek solutions to problems in English.

Edited by laguna

Problem is who except english speaking dev will be able to help I think the only dev that spoke russion is fcxsanya and he/she is retired. Best thing you can do is write in both language. If we don ´t understand we wiĺ have the source message in russian. do you have any other ideas ?

A Russian player here.

I believe that this branch, if existed, would be dead, since this forum is not that active and amount of Russian players is small indeed.

However, if i saw a question asked in both languages and i could help, i would.

Maybe just try to ask your questions?