When is the finished game going to be done?

marc32123

I have been looking around for awhile for a game that was like aoe3 and this game looks similar, except far more amazing. I don't like to play games though until the finished product is out, and i see that this game is still in production. Does anyone have any idea when the final version of this game will be released?

Short answer: no one knows/when it's done.

Long answer: Since we do this in our free time (mostly) we can have no idea beforehand how much time we will have available for the game, which makes it really hard to do any estimates. It's also the first game we've made/are making, so we don't have any previous experiences to compare with when trying to estimate how long something will take to finish. It will definitely be several years more before the game is finished though.

It's a free, open-source project - funded by donations, developed mostly by volunteers. No way to know how much time people will have to work on it, or even how many will be working on it. It looks like it's getting fairly close, but not much more you can say.

The main reason for playing now is to help with the development process as a tester - finding bugs, suggesting improvements, etc., which provides its own kind of satisfaction. If you're not into that, that's cool - to each his own.

It's a good game even at this stage, though.

• Like 2

How are campaigns planned? Will there be an official one? Will there be the possibility to chose between mutliple campaigns in the ingame menu? Are there any ideas or plans for campaigns? (I'd really like to play a Julius Caesar campaign, maybe I should make one, if I have time :D)

AFAIK there will be no official campaign.

As far as I knew we wouldn't have triggers either, so it's hard to say for sure. If good campaigns are created we will certainly put them in the game, but as it looks currently we don't have people on the team who will be able to do it, so it's best not to promise anything and rather try and focus on getting the other parts of the game finished + create the framework if we see that there is work being done. If it's good enough we'll certainly include it in the main game.