===[COMMITTED]===Temple of Capitoline Jupiter (wonder)

Tobi95

6 hours ago, Tobi95 said:

I can try to do this, I should have some spare time the next days. Exspecially the UV stretching is something that I really shoudl fix

Great!

Some suggestions to make it even better looking!:

-Adding some more statues along the triangled roof like in this reference: 7b1331602427332.png

-Making the steps in the stairs smaller (more steps) so the building would look bigger (proportion-wise)

-Remove the pinkish texture for the roof part and even the stairs, it does look a bit off to me.

-Adding some extrusions at the right and left side of the building to put some fire burning cups like the normal roman temple. example: download.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It wouldn't take much to get it commit ready. Just copy some of the statue already in the game, give them a bronze texture (don't forget the spec map) and stick them on little blocks along the front of the roof. Then just remap the roof with the bronze tile texture. Render AO map. Export model. All done.

• Like 1

Just now, stanislas69 said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone As always the problem is not doing it, it's finding someone that wants to do it. :)

I would do it guy but my 3DS Max subscription is cancelled (had discount before, but now is astronimical in price, lol). And Blender is completely alien to me (used to max too much, I guess).

Just now, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I would do it guy but my 3DS Max subscription is cancelled (had discount before, but now is astronimical in price, lol). And Blender is completely alien to me (used to max too much, I guess).

Yeah I know 3000+ euros is a bit much. And student versions cannot export for the game (for copyright reasons) they do not allow selling, which the current license does. It takes time to switch, but I am happy I did.

I still want to finish it, but well... The typical time problems. I'm currently finishing my Bachelor thesis and should have some time after this (next week). Maybe I find some time and motivation then.

And it is a little bit more to do than just adding the statues. I should add the statues, fix some textures and some really ugly uv-stretching. But it's all not that difficult and can be done in one evening.

Edited by Tobi95
  • Like 5