Huntables strategy?

Pariahbass222

Hey guys i was fooling around and noticed something, tried it and worked. By using your starting calvary unit you can herd huntables back to your CC much like herding in AOE3. Also. i find it preferale to use citizen archery/skirmisher units for hunting as after all that microing to herd those hunts in, you don't want them sprinting off do you? Right now i'm wanting to get some real buld orders together for romans including times. So far i'm devising a Roman rush and a Fast City strategy as it seems the real power of rome lies in it's late game and early game. Thoughts?

The key with citizen-soldiers and resource gathering is they have a bonus for mining stone and metal, so I would recommend training some citizen-soldiers that only cost 50 food and 50 wood (either spearmen or skirmishers) for the express purpose of mining, depending which unit is available to the civilization. My breakdown for this is, spearmen for the Carthaginians, the Athenians, the Macedonians, the Persians, the Mauryans, the Britons, the Gauls, the Ptolemies, and the Seleucids, and skirmishers for the Romans, the Spartans, and the Iberians.