Demand! Play svn, folks .....

zzippy

Hi all.

Since feature freeze for a17 is in 4 days, and normally release is a week later, I urgently ask you to install the developer version of 0ad.

There are big changes in the next release, the game got huge rebalancing and new tech trees.

Though scythe' balance branch (which got merged with a17) got tested lots of hours by a few players, its important that as many players as possible test the developer version before release. Before a16 this was not the case, as a result we got a buggy a16.

So, please have a look at the instructions for getting the developer version:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions

Thanks in advance..

Greets, z_

Linux only:

Do not hesitate to ask me (via PM) if you should have problems understanding the svn installation instructions. I will guide you.

Otoh, here a quick copy&paste guide for *buntu 14.04:

Get build dependencies:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev   \    libboost-signals-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libenet-dev libgloox-dev       \    libicu-dev libjpeg-dev libminiupnpc-dev libmozjs-24-dev libnvtt-dev     \    libogg-dev libopenal-dev libpng-dev libsdl-dev libvorbis-dev            \    libwxgtk3.0-dev libxcursor-dev libxml2-dev subversion zlib1g-dev

Get the source (may take 1,2 hours):

svn co http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/ 0ad

Build the stuff:

cd 0ad/build/workspaces
sudo perl -i -pe 's/(^#elif _MSC_VER >= 1600).*/#elif defined(_MSC_VER) && _MSC_VER >= 1600/' /usr/include/mozjs-24/mozilla/NullPtr.h
./update-workspaces.sh --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt --with-system-mozjs24 -j3
cd gcc
make -j3

Run the game:

~/0ad/binaries/system/pyrogenesis
Edited by zzippy
  • Like 2

It happens directly when I start the game.

Cache: 500 (total: 15929) MiBTIMER| InitVfs: 429.547 usSound: AlcInit success, using OpenAL SoftTIMER| CONFIG_Init: 2.49242 msTIMER| RunHardwareDetection: 23.9024 msTIMER| write_sys_info: 16.7179 msTIMER| InitRenderer: 1.27892 msTIMER| ps_console: 2.83736 msTIMER| ps_lang_hotkeys: 1.27187 msio.cpp(58): Function call failed: return value was -1 (Function failed (no details available))Function call failed: return value was -1 (Function failed (no details available))Location: io.cpp:58 (Issue)Call stack:(0x8668db) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x8668db](0x81be51) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x81be51](0x81c15b) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x81c15b](0x8339ba) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x8339ba](0x87376e) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x87376e](0x8743b5) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x8743b5](0x83ac7e) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x83ac7e](0x5f5026) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x5f5026](0x5f55c6) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x5f55c6](0x79c440) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x79c440](0x79dd5a) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x79dd5a](0x79e619) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x79e619](0x5e6655) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x5e6655](0x5ead8e) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x5ead8e](0x424e65) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x424e65](0x419107) binaries/system/pyrogenesis() [0x419107]errno = 0 (?)OS error = ?

First things I've noticed :

• Alt-Enter no more switches between windowed and fullscreen modes. When I'm ingame, I have no way to access my system other than quit the game without I can save the current game.
  • I don't know what I've done to get this bug (but I promise, nothing special !) : when I scroll to zoom, the zoom reaches directly his maximum, and when I scroll to un-zoom, the zoom reaches directly his minimum, there is no steps between the plane view and the ant view.
  • Edit : the game just crashed, ingame. Maybe the same problem as before ? Or not ? Before this crash, the texture generation was working, even on the GPU.
  • Sorry if sometimes I'm not very clear, my uncle is rich, but my vocabulary is poor, and my country is France ;)
Edited by Alembic

"If the game starts with it save the changes"
Can you repeat ? ^^
In the options, I've also activated Windowed Mode, after a restart the game was windowed but Alt+Enter still not work.

Other problems I noticed :

• Graphic option Post Processing never worked for me
  • Graphic option Smooth LOS makes the game crash