SwampGremlin's Epic Castle Battle Map

Although This map is working properly there is a constant error message spatial subdivision query too large. Results truncated. If any experienced persons could take a look at this file and maybe give me some sort of clue as to what may be going wrong i would greatly appreciate it.Thanks

]My first map spent all day on it let me know what you think.

Simply Place the files in this Zip folder into Documents/My Games/

0ad/mods/user/maps/skirmishes folder

If you do not have a maps folder or a skirmishes folder simply make one and name them exactly that and in order.

screenshot0001.bmp

post-16136-0-29317300-1408144890_thumb.p

SwampGremlins Castle Battle.zip

Edited by SwampGremlin

It's okay then. An idea to improve the map. Add more relief, blend terrain texture and add grass plants etc.

Thanks have you actualy seen the map in real time or just from the low resolution picture ?

Also what do you mean by relief im a noob at this stuff. thanks again

Edited by SwampGremlin

I saw it real time ^^ That's how I took the picture. See this an example on how adding hills, bushes and blending texture can make something look really nice. I bet you can do better since I am not a mapper :)

attachicon.gifscreenshot0153.png

Very nice i greatly apreciate the responses from you . also i wish i knew how i could make the volcano erupt occasionally that would be really cool.Also i'm not a Mapper either i just tried this out today for the first time i did enjoy myself tho lots of tools at my disposal.I know i did kind of rush its release i wanted to see how the play would be and things of that nature i will be working on it more tho in my free time.

Edited by SwampGremlin

The smoke certainly can affect performance. Try the giant version of the random volcano map. The smoke there instantly causes my graphics card fan to rev up to max speed. It slows back to normal immediately when I move the camera off of the smoke.

In general, most performance issues we have are pathfinder related, but don't underestimate the effect of excessive particles, etc. on the graphics performance.

• Like 1

I am currently working some more on this map i put wooden bridges in behind the bases for a back way out but they are unpassable i tried everything i also tried to get rid of them and i am unable to select them if anyone can give me a tip on how to get rid of the wooden bridges it would be greatly apreciated thanks.

Choose move cursor, start selection box and then keep ALT key pressed when finish the selection box to select eyecandy (I had the same issue until feneur + sander told me).

Bridges can be made passable by carefully heightening the terrain underneath the bridges. We know that's not optimal. But Stanislas' workaround using walking height empties is still not ready due to lack of support of his great walkable mesh workaround idea.

Edited by Radagast.

Choose move cursor, start selection box and then keep ALT key pressed when finish the selection box to select eyecandy (I had the same issue until feneur + sander told me).

Bridges can be made passable by carefully heightening the terrain underneath the bridges. We know that's not optimal. But Stanislas' workaround using walking height empties is still not ready due to lack of support of his great walkable mesh workaround idea.

Thanks for the instructions on the removal of actors. :i-m_so_happy: