Big out of memory problems.

Stan`

Last night I let the game play alone (1v1) petra vs petra on both computer just too see if the factions chosen would make a difference.

When I came back, I got a lot of js warnings of petra, all screen black wasn't able to take a screenshot cause out of memory. SVN version on my laptop there is no simulation files though :

laptop crashlog.7z

I had the same issue on my big computer using A16. Though no graphical problems, I believe that's because of the range of the graphic cards HD8750M Vs HD7950. No sim log there either. Just a weird menu when quitting

desktop.7z

The petra js errors are because it tries to build a defense tower, but could not find any template for this civ. Were you playing on pure svn or with a mod enabled ? and which civ ?

That explains it. I was playing with modded civ on the laptop destktop is pure A16 though. I also noticed when switching view that petra always tried to put fields on other buildings, could you add the position of each building in account so that he only tries where he can ?

Edited by stanislas69

I think that one of the goals is to have a quite generic AI, without hard-coded expectations. This isn't 100% possible, but it's something that can be aimed for.

I agree.

There should be another AI for the unmoded game if that turns out not to work as well (meaning the AI isn't as strong a player as it could be... what I expect).

The game also runs out of memory when the game is paused and minimized for `30 minutes.... I have noticed that it usually happens when the memory gets to about 1.5 Gigabytes

That's pretty similar to what I have experienced! It runs out of memory faster the more / the longer you've minimized it.