Hello! I'm looking forward to helping out

Hey guys!

It's taken me way too long to find my way here but I am glad that I was re-introduced to 0 A.D. once again after trying the game out a few months back. Some of you may know me already if you're Age of Empires 2 fans, I've been making AoE2 videos on Youtube for over 2 years now and figured that I could help the project gain publicity a little by making some content about the game and getting involved!

This evening I made a short introduction to 0 A.D. for my subscribers to get a quick look at the game, it could have been better planned out but I was too excited to delay making it :P If the reaction is positive I'll continue to make more informative and detailed content for the game!

I hope to get to know some of you better.

-Zak.

Edited by ZeroEmpires
  • Like 4

welcome, comrade. I like your intro, though did you know you can rotate buildings when keeping the left mouse pressed and circling around. I love nature's imperfection and non-squareness. (I know Americans are used to all streets crossing in a right angle, but meh, I dislike a perfectly square world. Once ago, wraitii even made the AI place the buildings in a random angle, so that settlements on maps even looked more natural.)

An ingame tutorial has already been created by Spahbod. Using the brandnew triggers.

Thanks for your support. Let's jointly improve 0AD.

We don't all have everything square. Longview, Washington, not far from here, was a planned city - the Long-Bell Lumber company was building the world's largest lumber mill, needed a place to house their workers. For some reason, they thought it would be a good idea to lay it out in the form of a giant wheel, with the major streets radiating out from the big roundabout in the Civic Center, with a park in the middle. There's a beautiful big Library, and a grand hotel, lots of pretty trees, etc.

Lovely to look at, but a total traffic nightmare. You'd probably feel right at home, Radagast.

Edited by greenknight32

:D absolutely. I only got this impression from Google maps. Nice to hear there is variation.

There are a lot of cities laid out in a very regular grid, but plenty of exceptions. Little town I live in was platted around 1870 - the new streets they put in were in a square grid, but they kept the farmer roads that were already there and followed the terrain. Made for quite an interesting mess.

@ ZeroEmpires - Welcome, very nice video. I'd suggest getting some catapults in the next one, great visuals.

• 2 years later...