ubuntu 14.04-update-workspaces not working.

padmahas

Hello, I'm using ubuntu 14.04 and have installed 0AD form ubuntu software center. So, still do I need to install dependencies to run the source code? If not, then I'm trying to run the source code from the instructions given this link. When I gave this command

./update-workspaces.sh --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt --with-system-mozjs24

It gave output

bash: ./update-workspaces.sh: Permission denied

so I included sudo to it.

sudo ./update-workspaces.sh --with-system-miniupnpc --with-system-nvtt --with-system-mozjs24

but it is giving the output as

sudo: ./update-workspaces.sh: command not found

Is it because I have not installed dependencies(Ignored because the game is already running after insalling from software center), or something else? How to proceed?

Have you checked out the code as described in the Getting the code section and are you in the right directory/folder when you issue that command in the terminal An other thing you might check the properties of the file "update-workspaces.sh" the executable flag may not be set.BTW it's not a good idea to use sudo in the build folder.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Yes, you need extra dependencies to build the game. Certainly if you build with the --with-xxx flags (read the comments on the wiki for that).

But those missing dependencies wouldn't crash the update-workspaces script so early. It looks indeed like the permissions are wrong, try to run it as "bash ./update-workspaces.sh", or fix the permissions.

Also, don't ever use sudo to compile something. Unless you want us to break your computer.