First launch, First bug

Sollinarise

Hi Sollinarise,

We're getting reports of this problem often these days.

Could you try to reinstall without changing any other setting? This may help us to determine the cause of the problem.

If it doesn't solve it, please come back here and tell us, we'll try something else.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Itms.

I tryed to reinstale, i got an error.

"Error opening file for writting:

C:\Users\Sollinarise\AppData\Local\0 A.D.

alpha\binaries\system\OpenAL32.dll"

With 3 choice, retry or ignore.

I choose ignore.

Again an error,

alpha\binaries\system\dbghelp/dll

or many others..

alpha\binaries\system\enet.dll

alpha\binaries\system\glooxwrapper.dll

alpha\binaries\system\.iconv.dll

alpha\binaries\system\icudt52.dll

alpha\binaries\system\icuin52.dll

alpha\binaries\system\icuuc52.dll

alpha\binaries\system\libcurl.dll

alpha\binaries\system\libxml2.dll

alpha\binaries\system\mozjs24-ps-release.dll

alpha\binaries\system\msvcp100.dll

alpha\binaries\system\msvcr100.dll

alpha\binaries\system\nspr4.dll

alpha\binaries\system\pyrogenesis.exe

alpha\binaries\system\zlib1.dll

And, if i try to launch it..

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Unknown (0xC06D007E))

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

I'm kinda surprised by the time to extract the "public.zip". Didn't remember such long time while installing 0.A.D in v15. (I use the same PC, and my core is good enough to deal with archive.)

Edited by Sollinarise

Lion, there is not need for creating a ticket on Trac here.

Sollinarise, did you uninstall the game properly before reinstalling? Please make sure that the folder C:\Users\Sollinarise\AppData\Local\0 A.D. alpha\ is removed, or, at least, empty.

If it's the case, can you verify you have enough free space left on your hard drive?

Keep us informed :)

Lion, there is not need for creating a ticket on Trac here.

Sollinarise, did you uninstall the game properly before reinstalling? Please make sure that the folder C:\Users\Sollinarise\AppData\Local\0 A.D. alpha\ is removed, or, at least, empty.

If it's the case, can you verify you have enough free space left on your hard drive?

Keep us informed :)

I know only I was quoted the crash message desalting the crash files.

--------

I think is necessary add the path logs to users in order they don't ask where is.

@Lion Kanzen

Well, i thinked it was more relevant to post in forum, and i didn't see in first place this message saying to me to go on Trac first. As you can see, the first error i got was.. accurate. And if i want to play before the nest release xD

@itms

I uninstalled by the official way, with windows, not by just deleting some files randomly :D

Again, i uninstall, but i look into appdata\local, and i can see 0ad and 0 A.D. alpha

0ad contain crashlog and some html files.

But, 0 A.D. alpha still have binairies after uninstalling. In 0 A.D. alpha\data\mod\public, the public.zip is still here 1,26go. In 0 A.D. alpha\system\ .. Well you have all the files that i listed in my previous post during my 2nd attempt to install the game properly.

Maybe it's just a story about permission for window ? And i still got some space on my C:\, about 20%.

Maybe it is a permission problem, or maybe it's related to a previous installation (a15?), but in any case you should remove all these data manually. Just remove the 0 A.D. alpha\ directory, and re-run the installer (again, keep the default installation path).

Well, you should reboot if you don't do it regularly, and if it doesn't work, reboot in safe mode, or use the command line, or replace the locked file by a dummy file... There are a lot of tricks like this across the Internet :)

Having the game's files locked explains your previous installation problems, btw.

I can't delete 0 a.D. alpha, it seem still used somehow.

I wonder if the game crashed silently but continued to run in the background (pyrogenesis.exe), it can do that if it enters a debugging loop, I believe. That would lock the used files and prevent uninstallation, while running two instances of the game at once (on Windows) would certainly cause errors and crashes. It might very well be the cause of the mysterious VFS errors.

I wonder if the game crashed silently but continued to run in the background (pyrogenesis.exe), it can do that if it enters a debugging loop, I believe. That would lock the used files and prevent uninstallation, while running two instances of the game at once (on Windows) would certainly cause errors and crashes. It might very well be the cause of the mysterious VFS errors.

Perhaps. It seems like all the errors like this reported in the past have been solved by a restart and reinstall. We should probably display a nice error message to the user when they try to start while another instance is already running on Windows.

• Like 1