Walls with grates

not sure how realistic, but it could do the job as placeholder. As I'm leaving my computer behind tomorrow I was kinda hurried to give you something to work with.

It's kinda weird that those spikes are standing on rocks... Maybe I should add some planks to make the structure look stronger?

palisade.zip

post-4287-0-23813400-1406155362_thumb.jp

• Like 1

If you think of the engineering involved, the palisades above the arch aren't rammed into anything, so they wouldn't hold. Maybe let them go all the way down into the irverbed and space them apart a bit, so that the water can flow between them? I was unable to find any references though, and this wouldn't work on big rivers anyway.

• Like 1

Back already :-)

If you think of the engineering involved, the palisades above the arch aren't rammed into anything, so they wouldn't hold. Maybe let them go all the way down into the irverbed and space them apart a bit, so that the water can flow between them? I was unable to find any references though, and this wouldn't work on big rivers anyway.

Exactly why I mentioned my doubts about the stability. I thought about leaving out one spike in two at the centre, but I'm kinda a bit afraid it might not get the message through enough. If anyone has ideas, feel free to sketch or make it. I'll give some other stone walls a try tomorrow and let the wooden walls rest until we have some good sketches or references.

OMG Helm's Deep would be soooo epic!

It (=helm's deep) could probably be done by making the wall segment with the grate separate and giving the bomb unit a ginormous bonus against that segment.

Edited by idanwin
  • Like 1