===[COMMITTED]=== Boar

Stan`

I changed the armature, to add ears and mouth, cause the old one didn't have one. I'll try to make the pig texture, and model use the same armature scheme, to save some time. About the texture, i'm not used of organic stuff, so I had to work out how seams worked.

I'll see what I can do for the anims. Need some help to figure out the mechanic look of them though.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just saw my first walk anim on this thread, and got a little bit sick. :wallbash:

So here is an attempt to make it better (note that i should fix the head movement, didn't look so exagerated before 10min rendering) If someone can tell me how to make it animated without having to click on it that'd be nice.

post-12287-0-60736200-1426203250_thumb.g

post-12287-0-60736200-1426203250.gif

Edited by feneur
  • Like 1

[...] If someone can tell me how to make it animated without having to click on it that'd be nice.

Added it in for you. Just right-click on the attachment in the post and get the URL for the link (which is the full image, rather than getting the URL for the image which is just the static preview thumb) and then pasted that into the URL box for adding images :)

That head movement. Remembers me of this

Animated_gif_037_pumbaa_hakuna_matata.gi

Which reference did you use to make the animation?

The references I've found shows the boar moving like this: rear left - front left - rear right - front right instead of opposite back/front legs at the same time, which looks weird/cartoony.

Not two legs make a front step at the same time.

Also at the end of the loop, you can detect the interpolation line to "ease out" making the motion to lower its speed before starting again..

Here's an example, notice the order of the feet in the steps:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...