SVN

RedChaos

The difference progressively changes. The SVN is changed almost daily, adding new things and fixing bugs. The Alpha is what most everybody normally plays. Personally, I use SVN because I am a developer and because A16 is sometimes so way out of whack....

If you don't mind things not working every now and then, use the SVN

Otherwise, use Alpha 16

Edited by thamlett

The difference progressively changes. The SVN is changed almost daily, adding new things and fixing bugs. The Alpha is what most everybody normally plays. Personally, I use SVN because I am a developer and because A16 is sometimes so way out of whack....

If you don't mind things not working every now and then, use the SVN

Otherwise, use Alpha 16

One can also have both installed and use whichever is best in the case at hand :)

One can also have both installed and use whichever is best in the case at hand :)

I am keeping a separate folder for each version of 0ad I play so I can look back on them later and see how the game has changed since Alpha 15. ^^

Edited by 3FFA
  • Like 1

I would suggest Scythe's Balance GIT. (like SVN, but better ;3)
Which you can find Here.

It's more balance oriented. You can get the SVN if you want to try out the new testy features, but it's more for developers than anything else.

just remember to update every time you are about to run it.

If on linux, just git clone https://github.com/scythetwirler/0ad

into a folder of your choosing (suggest home)

Then go into that folder and git pull to update it.

If on windows, i think you have to download a client? Yup, It even comes with a gui.

Don't know How it works, but i imagine it is similar. If you can find a 'create project' somewhere which has a URL bar in it, just put the same link in and it should pull the files automatically.

Though i'm not sure. I only ever use windows for things that wont run on my Linux partition(s) and/or wine. ;)

Edited by auron2401