Asian civilization and appearance for beta and final version?

Taobyebye

Technically there are plenty of Asian civilizations. There are the Persians, Seluecids, and Mauryans.

Not just technically.

I think he meant Far east though.

Well some art has to be done before beta. We don't have all meshes yet. And a lot of programming bugs/enhancement/additions have still to be done.

Meshes, small-time balance fixes, pathfinding fixes.. the works.

Is it me or will the beta be so darn short that it'll basically be "can i add a new faction, im bored!" from the art dept.

Edited by auron2401

Knows somebody how long approximately it will be take?

1,2,3,4 years?

As I said, we don't have a schedule for the final release. We're just working on it. And every few months we try to release an alpha version.

When all big features are implemented, we will move to the beta phase. In the beta phase there's room for bug-fixing and performance improvements. And when that's done, we will go to the final release. As bug testing and performance improvements need rather different programmers, and the art should be mostly completed against beta phase, we will probably start working on part II then.

I don't see beta phase happening within the next 2 years. Looking further than 2 years is hard.

I've been making music inspired by traditional Asian music for ever now, just waiting for an Asian civ. to be added to the game :)

So yea, I'm all for it!

Just curious, would that music fit a Han Faction? In that case we're certainly interested in pushing it to our mod. :)

• Like 1

Just curious, would that music fit a Han Faction? In that case we're certainly interested in pushing it to our mod. :)

It certainly can, it uses instruments that originated in both Japan (Taikos, Koto etc) and China (Guzheng, Erhu etc).

By using a blend of instruments from different origins, the music doesn't sound typical of any specific culture - and I think it can reasonably apply to many different things.

• Like 2

It certainly can, it uses instruments that originated in both Japan (Taikos, Koto etc) and China (Guzheng, Erhu etc).

By using a blend of instruments from different origins, the music doesn't sound typical of any specific culture - and I think it can reasonably apply to many different things.

That is nice. :clapping:

@Omri

Oh boy. I can't wait. I'm a musician myself but I play the piano (and maybe I can get harpsichord for the late Medieval). I listen to the music from the game all the time. We would really appreciate the helping hand (and I'm sure Rob Kimball would also appreciate it).

@Omri

Oh boy. I can't wait. I'm a musician myself but I play the piano (and maybe I can get harpsichord for the late Medieval). I listen to the music from the game all the time. We would really appreciate the helping hand (and I'm sure Rob Kimball would also appreciate it).

Anytime, happy to be of assistance :)

Here in the forums (maybe using PM) would be enough. We'll proof-listen the music and add it to appropriate places.

PMed you two tracks, will finalize and send some more in a few days.