(ROTE) ===[TASK]=== Han Dynasty Temple

Stan`

According to this this Temple is to big to be in the game :

http://www.chinatravelpage.com/white-horse-temple-the-first-buddhist-temple-in-china

As stated here Ayakashi's temple fits the description

http://www.theworldofchinese.com/2013/07/10-most-famous-temples/

Therefore I will model this :

post-15249-0-08582500-1390089185.jpg

(Unless someone has something to say against it of course)

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

So Taoist or Buddhist for the Han period Taoist would be best as Buddhism did not become very much a part of China's culture till about the fourth century and even then the lack of Chinese texts lead to the upper classes dismissing it.

Enjoy the Choice :)

What do you think of the reference ? If it's not good I rather save 15 hours :)

epNAoXM.png

MAGNIFICENT AND SOLEMN: The Zhongyue Temple, built at the foot of the Songshan Mountain in the Han Dynasty (202 B.C.-A.D. 220), was the earliest base of Taoist activities in China (CFP)

cCACmVL.png

In the middle of Eastern Han Dynasty (25 AD 200 AD), the first Taoist Master Zhang Daoling refined panaceas in the mountain which was originally named Yunjin Mountain, afterwards, Master Zhang established Taoism and the mountain was renamed "Mt. Longhushan". In Tang Dynasty, Taoism was conferred as "state religion" and since then Mt. Longhushan became the center of Taoism.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Lion it doesn't state your second was built at the right time. And I'm affraid the first is hiding some parts.

From what i read in those links stan what we see now (The White Horse Temple)is from the 12th century so if you can find references for the Han portion go for it but I do like the Pagoda sketch :) so either will do.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Okay... So that means I didn't find anything related to it +2 In favour of the pagoda.

Edited by stanislas69

Lion it doesn't state your second was built at the right time. And I'm affraid the first is hiding some parts.

Okay... So that means I didn't find anything related to it +2 In favour of the pagoda.

Early han or late for me is fine, is less than 500 years in same timeframe as vanilla game.

-----------------here is other pic from the first----------

ApZv2gl.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Early han or late for me is fine, is less than 500 years in same timeframe as vanilla game.

-----------------here is other pic from the first----------

ApZv2gl.png

Okay, doesn't seem that hard to model (If you take out those Lions).

I would suggest against using my pagoda concept because it's not suitable for the time frame. I'll draw a new one soon! (If you are willing to gimme 4 days)

Sorry for my absence lately btw. Been working 16 hours a day over the past month and 1/2 for some film project, will be over soon tho!

I would suggest against using my pagoda concept because it's not suitable for the time frame. I'll draw a new one soon! (If you are willing to gimme 4 days)

Sorry for my absence lately btw. Been working 16 hours a day over the past month and 1/2 for some film project, will be over soon tho!

you can draw like I suggested for have alternative :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ok sorry that it took me too long but here it is a new concept for a Taoist temple:

post-15249-0-37776700-1406244015_thumb.j

I know it's not as epic as my previous, but for the sake of historical accuracy I reckon this fits the time frame better. It also won't be as stupidly massive as well! We can always save pagodas for part 2 or for the 1000AD mod (and I rather draw completely new concepts for them as well)

Some references for the 8 trigrams and Incense cauldron:

F1907.52a.jpg

8864.gif

• Like 1