Intro Video?

oddchild

I don ´t if that would be possible legally. But maybe it would be a better idea to start making our own before spoofin others. Now let´s say this is possible what would you see ?

IIRC mythos_ruler showed us a concept of a logo video. Couldn ´t find it though.

Spoofs/satire etc are allowed, would still be nicer to do something unique if we do one though :)

About the logo video, do you mean the one that's e.g. used at the beginning of the Alpha 16 release video:

? Or is it something else you're thinking of?
  • Like 1

Spoofs/satire etc are allowed, would still be nicer to do something unique if we do one though :)

About the logo video, do you mean the one that's e.g. used at the beginning of the Alpha 16 release video:

? Or is it something else you're thinking of?

Yup that one. Couldn't it be a command line option ? I mean most of the time it's -no intro, but could it be -intro this time ?

• Like 1

Nah, our game loads too fast to have an intro video. And having a video instead of the map-loading screen is weird.

I wouldn't mind it really. especially if it were comical.

Any animators out there want to do it?!

If he means This one, of course.

Edited by auron2401
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think we could load the game with a mod to load the startup video. This could be included for the main releases, and not SVN. If any on the main release didn't want to see the video, all they would have to do would be remove the -mod=introvideo or something. This would also allow anyone to have a custom intro for their mod.

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin