[Web Developer] application - [Davide "Dade" Bartolucci]

Position: Web developer.

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?
Hell yes.

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?
Yes, I like that.

Name: Davide Saulo Bartolucci
Email: dade (at) stalkerhispano (dot) com
Location: Europe/Canary Islands (same time as Lodon or Portugal)
Availability: It's hard to tell because as a freelancer sometimes I will have to focus on certain projects. However, I am sure I can achieve 7 hours per week (and probably around 15 hours per week), being available in case of any fatal error on the site side.

Skills and Experience: I have been
creating and/or managing websites since I was 14 years old. From HTML&CSS to PHP-Nuke, and actually masters Joomla Framework. My two greatest experiencies in this field were:

· University of Navarra (UNAV), developing their admission site (HTML and CSS, mostly with DreamWeaver)

· STALKERHispano Community, which is a personal project where I learned the most about CMS, and specially Joomla. SH have actually more than 5000 users and 'in the good old days' we easily move above 2000 unique visitors. Moreover, I have been managing a team of more than 10 members, covering different tasks related with STALKERHispano site.

In conclusion, I could be a nice candidate as 0AD Web Developer because I already had experience on mixing web skills and gaming communities.

Motivation: As you can probably read from above, I am proud really proud of those two experiences.
Personality: Curious, serious and happy guy which doesn't love drama and bull**** at all.

Short Essay: I could not remember when exactly, but it was very long time ago.
Unfortunately at that time, I was busy with other projects on my free time, such as compete on Company of Heroes OnLine scene, and then Battlefiled 3, and I simply 'skip' 0AD. Recently I installed Ubuntu on my laptop, and I instantly remember 0AD and installed to give it a try.

I am motivated by proving myself on an game related and OpenSource project, and 0AD seems to me like exactly what I was looking for.

I am not seeking for money, girls and power (well if it is the case, why not? :ph34r:), but a project where I can feel I was part of it since the early moment. If I am in and I can tell it on my portfolio, even better; if not, I am doing what I like on a project I trust and love.

Interests and Hobbies: Walk, sports (specially soccer, tennis and padel) and learning new stuff from Internet (I am actually getting mad to convinve some other dudes to build a CNC machine).

Staff: Unfortunately not, as far I know.
Community: I have been focused almost 100% on STALKERHispano this years. As other friends are better informed about gaming news, I just ask them when I am seeking for something new.

Favorite Game: I'd say League of Legends is what I am playing the most, however is not a game you can 'favorite' due to the incompetence of Riot. About overall favorite, is another hard question. I would say, by order:

- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (the first one with expansions)

- Battlefield 3

- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series

- Company of Heroes OnLine

- Diablo 2

- Skyrim

- Rise of Nations

- Civilization series

- Sonic

Work Examples:

mini_126439FireShotScreenCapture068Distr mini_460259FireShotScreenCapture066STALKmini_498838FireShotScreenCapture067Curar My Portfolio (early beta still need much work)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dicens,

thanks you for the answer.

If we let play0ad.com as is, means using WP and the actual page without future modifications/planification, I would like to improve the scores of Google Page Speed and YSlow to further speed up the site. This would make the site feeling like more professional, and probably the project itself.

Regards,

Dade

Well, we could speak about build a completely new site, where the 0AD community can stay together. This would include things like spaces for modding projects, own social network, self-hosted competitions, media galleries, news, etc. :)

Regards,

Dade

Hi Davide, thanks for submitting an application!

I'm Mish and I'm a designer/developer for Wildfire Games.

We are planning to do a complete overhaul of play0ad.com so I am glad that you're experienced in SEO and optimization!

Also, we have a domain for a community website but have not designed anything for it. Would you be interested in working on that as well?

If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me or implodedok a PM.

Hello Mish,

of course I would be interested on helping with the community site :)

I am little busy at the moment with some clients, but whenever I am free we can start to work on it. If you guys are still debating how to make it and so on, I could join the discussion till we start (or just PM me). I am not native English, but if needed I can participate on VoIP conversations.

Regards,

Dade.

• 5 months later...

Hi!, i am new in this site.

I programing in c# with visual studio, how i can help us??

Edited by fcxSanya
Note: this question was answered in another topic: http://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16765&page=4#entry302217