Ubuntu- How to forcibly install Alpha 16 Patanjali on Quantal(12.10) using PPA commands

padmahas

Hello I'm using Ubutnu 12.10 (Quantal) and I downloaded the 0.A.D game following the instructions given on this link.

I mandatarily want to download using this method because it will automatically fetch all required dependency and game packages of which deb's I can copy and save as backup for later use (offline usage or after fresh install of new version of OS).

But this method has fetched 0.A.D Alpha XI Kronos.

1. This version is giving Out of memory exception from javascript, which results in strucked movement of camera.

2. And alt+tab an universal keyboard shortcut to swith between windows is not working. Either I've to close the game to access other windows or I've to press Super key and then have to use other windows.

I hope these things have been fixed in Alpha 16 Patanjali and hence want to forcible install it on 12.10. (only using PPA commands).

Downloading packages separately from here is not an option I'm expecting because, I'm already facing problems with installing dependencies as I've stated here

Alpha 16 is not supported on 12.10, so I don't know if it's possible to install it unless you can build from the source code.

Hi again.

Ubuntu 12.10 isn't supported anymore. Try a supported version of Ubuntu to avoid software problems.

feneur.. I'm trying to run source code here.

zzippy... :sadwalk: