===[COMMITTED]=== Siege animations

LordGood

also the way the bullet goes seems a bit weird compaired to how it is launched. Anyway GG:)

The bullet path is calculated in the simulation (the path determines where it drops, so how much damage it deals). So that can't be changed through animation.

It's either having a realistic animation, but unrealistic damage compared to where the arrow/rock/whatever goes, or an realistic damage with less realistic animation.

But we can move the prop point right ? So even if the trajectory is a bit weird but correct it´ll look like its coming from the right spot. :)

Projectile fires before the animation is quite complete (before the projectile prop reaches the end of the stock), and the catapult's repeat time is basically what's driving the animation speed

the template would need to be altered for a longer prepare time:repeat time to fix both these problems

:omg:

Y u no commit!!! ^_^

I did it in my public SVN for ponies ascendant, I have files to transfer to the dev SVN

keep getting sidetracked by new siege weapons :P

in other news, the Carthaginian ballista doesn't look very plausible atm because the reinforcing struts limit the draw of the sling. From the looks of it that ballista can only pull back about a meter before firing :/

• Like 1

Carthaginian ballista I gave a firing animation too, but hypercam isn't working right now so no screenies

I love your ponies onagers. You can do a mobile onager.

PD: may be Add onagers sony matead to Quinquirreme ships can be good.

I'd like to have engineers before I do mobile siege, and I'm not sure we'd have mobile onagers for any factions anyway. The ships sound like a good idea, but we can prop land siege onto them. Especially awesome if we get turrets working

Carthaginian ballista I gave a firing animation too, but hypercam isn't working right now so no screenies

I'd like to have engineers before I do mobile siege, and I'm not sure we'd have mobile onagers for any factions anyway. The ships sound like a good idea, but we can prop land siege onto them. Especially awesome if we get turrets working

Ahh i would love to see real push animations so day. me sad now :D Most RTS dont have it thats why 0.A.D needs it :P

But great job on the firing animations.

Scorpio shoots every 2.5 seconds?!

spindly little thing outshoots the oxybeles in every regard

Really?

Maybe?

I havent updated my SVN in a while

animation's going to be a little quick

guy looks a little awkward just standing there, but at least his siege weapon shoots now