Womens' effect on male workers

GoHsty

In the description of women workers it says, that women are basically inspiring near by males to work harder.

So, my question is: 1. Is that "inspiring effect" a huge bonus or how much of a bonus does it bring?

2. How big is the range of that "aura"? Do they have to gather on the same mine/tree?

It just seems odd to me that it is so small since that really means that it is basically having almost 0 impact on the game. I never really see women used outside of farming/gathering. :/

Edited by 3FFA

It just seems odd to me that it is so small since that really means that it is basically having almost 0 impact on the game. I never really see women used outside of farming/gathering. :/

Have you never house-boomed?

E.g. you get the fertility upgrade and make like 10 villagers in 15s. You also get the advanced upgrades for your units since you can base your eco on villagers instead of soldiers now. So you get better units than your opponent and your eco isn't based on using your infantry to gather resources but it's more centered around getting a LOT of villagers very quickly. Houses is one building that you have a lot of, unlike barracks or CCs.

E: or you know, you could house boom with infantry gathering and get an even more insane economy.

Edited by iNcog

Have you never house-boomed?

E.g. you get the fertility upgrade and make like 10 villagers in 15s. You also get the advanced upgrades for your units since you can base your eco on villagers instead of soldiers now. So you get better units than your opponent and your eco isn't based on using your infantry to gather resources but it's more centered around getting a LOT of villagers very quickly. Houses is one building that you have a lot of, unlike barracks or CCs.

E: or you know, you could house boom with infantry gathering and get an even more insane economy.

Tbh I never have since I always saw making houses more efficient(thus needing less) as a better route to go than making villagers.

I mean get the 400 resource upgrade which allows you to train villagers from houses. Then you just hotkey all the houses in a single control group and you can make 10 villagers at a time in the span of 15 seconds. This only costs 500 food as well. It allows you to get a crazy economy going very quickly, even if villagers are slightly less efficient that infantry when it comes to gathering wood, stone and metal. You can't do this with infantry which is why villagers are excellent harvesters to boom with. You need the houses anyway so with this method of booming you can still make 5 villagers in 15 seconds with the right upgrade.

Shameless self plug:

Notice that in that game I went for a house boom with map control and just had SO many villagers. Was crazy. Making villagers is great.

Funny thing… I just watched that last night when I got curious about your FPVODs lol. Did not notice that that was what you were doing ._. .

Well, I'll certainly be trying that out now then!

Edited by 3FFA

:D the house-boom is awesome ! it's the best tool I have to shut people up about how infantry gathering in the game is bad design. there are three different harvesters in the game right now, as well as the dimension that infantry that gather well don't fight well.

^that's so much depth right there. it's one of the best things about 0 AD!