Ponies Ascendant Alpha 1.0

LordGood

7 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

probably one of the variation.

I tried to build all 3 of them:

screenshot0001.png

still no error.

(also as far as I undestand the "base" variant: https://github.com/0ADMods/ponies_ascendant/blob/master/art/actors/structures/pegasi/house.xml#L5 which has the minheight property and which was seemingly reported in the message applies to all variants)

The entire related error log was:

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: (null):0: Extra element props in interleave
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: art/actors/structures/pegasi/house.xml:6: Element variant failed to validate content
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: art/actors/structures/pegasi/house.xml:5: Element group has extra content: variant
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: (null):0: Extra element group in interleave
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: art/actors/structures/pegasi/house.xml:4: Element actor failed to validate content
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation failed for '(null)'
ERROR: CXeromyces: failed to validate XML file art/actors/structures/pegasi/house.xml

Oh, I figured out why I wasn't able to reproduce the error: the actor got cached. After cache removal it shows up again.

8 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Perhaps "root" prop point can not have a min or max height.

I believe the error is generated by XML validator, which doesn't distinguish such semantics, it just wants "text" type value in "attachpoint" and "float" in "minheight"/"maxheight" (see actor.rnc / actor.rng), and an empty string is apparently not considered to be a valid float.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/08/2017 at 11:30 PM, stanislas69 said:

I haven't looked at what's broken yet. maybe @s0600204 has ?

It appears I did some time ago... there's a pull request waiting that should was intended to bring the repo up to A22 compatibility. It's roughly 2 months old, and a quick 3-way ai match reveals that there's at least one problem that either I didn't catch at the time or has appeared since. I'm working today, so fixing that is either going to have to wait until tomorrow or fall to someone else to look into it. Depends on how desperate you are...

Edit: Done. Ponies Ascendant should now be A22 compatible.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Angen said:

@stanislas69 did you guys lower walking sound for pega champions? ( the gold ones) it is terribly high

thnx :)

well the only thing that I am able to found about the sounds is this commit https://github.com/0ADMods/ponies_ascendant/commit/6eff4e38dce7398ade11e17fd9bd8683c9950a03

so I believe it was unintentional.

Hi,

I tried current version and there are some problems  with finding files (i attach logs).

I like roads, but, they have wrong description, in brackets there is (city wall) and other related stuff to walls.

I do not know if it was wanted, but different levels of one type of soldier in earth pony barracks cost the same amount of resources.

Starting unicorns I got unrecognised music type.

Please enable pega walls, they are pretty. Yes, gate model might missing, but you could retexture one from unicorns. And could you also retexture and replace props for pega market from earth ponies e.g. ? It is killing cloudy scenario.

And walking sound for Catapract is out of sync.

Thank youuuu :)

And here are errors:

ERROR: Actor pony_shuttle_wood: required texture sampler specTex not found (material art/materials/basic_trans_spec.xml)

WARNING: Music.storeTracks(): Unrecognized music type: war   -------- as unicorns

ERROR: [SetWallPlacementPreview] No WallPiece component found for wall set template 'structures/uni_fortress'

ERROR: [SetWallPlacementPreview] No WallPiece component found for wall set template 'structures/earth_fortress'

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/actors/structures/fndn_wall.xml"

ERROR: CObjectManager::FindObjectBase(): Cannot find object 'structures/fndn_wall.xml'

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/actors/structures/fndn_wall.xml"

ERROR: CObjectManager::FindObjectBase(): Cannot find object 'structures/fndn_wall.xml'

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "audio/interface/complete/building/sel_wall.xml"

ERROR: error loading file: pathname=audio/interface/complete/building/sel_wall.xml, error=Function failed (no details available)

ERROR: Failed to load sound group 'interface/complete/building/sel_wall.xml'

And whole log

mainlog.html

3 hours ago, Angen said:

I like roads, but, they have wrong description, in brackets there is (city wall) and other related stuff to walls.

Fixed.

3 hours ago, Angen said:

I do not know if it was wanted, but different levels of one type of soldier in earth pony barracks cost the same amount of resources.

I wouldn't know you'd have to ask @LordGood

3 hours ago, Angen said:

Starting unicorns I got unrecognised music type.

Fixed.

3 hours ago, Angen said:

Please enable pega walls, they are pretty. Yes, gate model might missing, but you could retexture one from unicorns. And could you also retexture and replace props for pega market from earth ponies e.g. ? It is killing cloudy scenario.

There is no such thing as Pega walls sadly. If there was it was lost when Lordgood lost his files... We also lost a ram, and the projectile particle for arrows. If he still has them around that'd be awesome. I have no ideas for pegasi architecture :/

4 hours ago, Angen said:

ERROR: [SetWallPlacementPreview] No WallPiece component found for wall set template 'structures/uni_fortress' 

ERROR: [SetWallPlacementPreview] No WallPiece component found for wall set template 'structures/earth_fortress' 

Fixed.

4 hours ago, Angen said:

Fixed.

4 hours ago, Angen said:

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "audio/interface/complete/building/sel_wall.xml"

ERROR: error loading file: pathname=audio/interface/complete/building/sel_wall.xml, error=Function failed (no details available)

ERROR: Failed to load sound group 'interface/complete/building/sel_wall.xml'

Fixed.