[Rise of the East] - Bugs and Imbalances

niektb

This topic is to report bugs and possible imbalances. I'll keep this post up-to-date with all reported / fixed issues.

Reported issues in release 16:

1. Too expensive swordsman => fixed.

2. Usage of athen walls in the Fortress Random map => fixed.

3. mod selection tab freezes the game.

Edited by niektb

Selecting the "mod selection" Tab freezes game and gives this error:

[ 4,766 Error: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "gui/page_modmod.xml"

:pleasantry: To bad, leper. They've used that button! :D

Yes, auron2401. That button was landed by accident in the release, the modloader isn't ready yet.

• 1 month later...

Is everyone getting this? Several units and buildings are missing as in not trainable/buildable. Male units can't build and when you select them all hud elements are missing unless you selected a female just before. It says "validation failed".

Sorry if I am stating something everyone already knows about. Haven't been keeping up to date with the msgs.

Yeah that's the version I got. Can't even put the missing stuff in scenario editor either that's where it has the validation failed message :(

It seems whenever I select a male/citizen soldier unit there's no hud other than unit portrait. If I select a building or female citizen and then select the male unit I see the hud from the previous unit/building.

Walls, towers, and fortresses etc can't be built (icons missing from hud) and can't be placed in scenario editor.

Looks like A16 is stricter with missing portraits/ icons then?

Only these structs & units use icons:

simulation/templates/gaia/flora_chin_bamboo.xml:    <Icon>gaia/flora_tree_apple.png</Icon>simulation/templates/structures/chin_palisade_long.xml:        <Icon>gaia/special_palisade.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_support_trader.xml:    <Icon>units/hele_support_trader.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_crossbowman_b.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_archer.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_support_healer_b.xml:    <Icon>units/hele_support_healer.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_archer_b.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_archer.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_swordsman_e.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_swordsman.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_cavalry_archer_b.xml:    <Icon>units/sele_cavalry_archer.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_spearman_e.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_spearman.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_cavalry_crossbowman_b.xml:    <Icon>units/sele_cavalry_archer.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_cavalry_swordsman_a.xml:        <Icon>units/chin_cavalry_swordsman.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_archer_e.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_archer.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_cavalry_swordsman_e.xml:        <Icon>units/chin_cavalry_swordsman.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_ship_fishing.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_ship_fishing.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_spearman_b.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_spearman.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_ship_bireme.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_ship_bireme.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_support_female_citizen.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_support_female_citizen.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_cavalry_spearman_b.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_cavalry_spearman.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_archer_a.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_archer.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_crossbowman_e.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_archer.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_ship_fire.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_ship_fire.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_mechanical_siege_shoushe.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_mechanical_siege_shoushe.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_crossbowman_a.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_archer.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_ship_trireme.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_ship_trireme.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_ship_tower.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_ship_tower.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_cavalry_swordsman_b.xml:        <Icon>units/chin_cavalry_swordsman.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_infantry_swordsman_b.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_infantry_swordsman.png</Icon>simulation/templates/units/chin_ship_merchant.xml:    <Icon>units/chin_ship_merchant.png</Icon>

Go there https://github.com/0ADMods/han_china and in the right panel click on download zip. Extract it to the mods directory of your game. Then go to the system directory of the game and copy atlas.bat. Right click Modify

and paste this :

start C:\0AD\binaries\system\pyrogenesis.exe -mod=han_china
Edited by stanislas69

no errors for me with the wfg.0ad in linux ppa repository (dev version from July 12th).

now testing without ppa, i.e. the real 0ad Alpha16 release for linux.

Might be that this prob is only for Windows.

I recommend switching to Linux. Win8 is Win7 glued with a new broken additional and redundant buggy touch-interface anyways. It's another sad event to sell Win8 which is no different than Win7 under the hood and looks like a Alpha release, lol. Can't we break Microsoft monopoly?

If you want to stay on Windows or depend on it in some way, e.g. because of machine programs that only work on Win, then I'd need the proper error messages and even then I'm not sure I can help, probably only Philip or other Windows release packagers might be able to help.

Edit: Tested with 0AD A16 release for Linux too now and no errors so far.

Edited by Radagast.

Okay I investigated further and with the help of leper found the source :https://github.com/0ADMods/han_china/commit/7c3c8253fd33e91948b15b7f97da7ed22e04afcf

[23:07] <Stan> Can someone help me understand why those errors only appears on A16 ? http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/uploads//monthly_07_2014/post-12287-0-93018300-1406145199.png[23:09] <@leper> what is the first error[23:09] <@leper> (interestinglog should help)[23:11] <@leper> the errors on the left seem to be caused by missing skirm defs in the mod (as it was released for a16 and isn't meant to be used with it anymore)[23:11] <@leper> (not missing but not in the format a16 expects)[23:12] <Stan> I have only one interesting log.html, and it's empty...[23:15] <Stan> leper: What are those skirm defs ?[23:16] <@leper> you started the game again after those errors (that's why it's empty[23:16] <@leper> they tell the game what entities to use on skirmish maps[23:17] <Stan> Oh hold on gonna launch it again[23:17] <@leper> (and it works for some units in the mod because the default fits (it replaces {civ} in the templates))[23:18] <@leper> but for one unit that one doesn't exist for chin and thus you get errors because the default is wrong (and since some commit some time after the mod release) no a16 compatible skirm replacements are there[23:19] <@leper> TL;DR the git version of the mod is not compatible with a16[23:20] <Stan> I opened the file[23:20] <Stan> he can't find cached version of the templates[23:21] <Stan> Is there a way I can make it compatible until A17 or do I have to tell everyone to use svn leper  ?[23:24] <@leper> 7c3c8253fd33e91948b15b7f97da7ed22e04afcf is the commit that changed it[23:25] <@leper> but if you add that files again (ignore the map changes) you'll get errors with svn[23:25] <@leper> and there was a reason to release the mod for a16 ;-)[23:25] <@leper> (to be able to follow svn after that (because it makes some stuff easier))[23:26] <@leper> so I'd tell them to either use svn or not use the git version of the mod[23:26] <Stan> Which would be lame because they'd miss Enrique's superb buildings and my crappy work [23:26] <Stan> okay thanks leper 

So now I'm sorry to say that, but you should either go on SVN, or play the A16 release...

If you guys need help on how to get svn I'm here to help you.

Edited by stanislas69