Farmfields

RoekeloosNL

I got a little suggestion about farmfields.

1# Dont you guys think that when building farmfields they sould be seeding the ground and not build with hammers like houses.

2# If possible farmers sould be farming on different spots on the field not in one line next to each other.

3# When destroyed it gets like burned grass with dirt.

I think it will look alot more realistic.

That's mostly graphics and animation and stuff. I'll agree with you; tbh.

Something that I'm more interested in is whether or not you could make farms produce more food per harvester depending on terrain type. desert terrain has poor turnover for example

^ Yes that also would be a great addition, So grassy plains is more fertile then sand plains + a good thing would be that you cant build farmfield every where and really need to think where you place your farmlands.

And maybe there can be some type of tech upgrades for better farming tools.

'terrain bonus' already exists. There are those farmfield textures where you have better harvest.

Not only increases the field's output per harvester, it also dimishes as you might extract too much of it.

Should we ever have an option (and the willingness to handle the micro) to rotate fruit types on fields then this effect could be stopped. (though I don't know if it's significant enough to be worth the trouble and we currently can still put away some field-workers to make the field recover again).

It might well be that I'm mixing it up with a 'how it's planned' aka ticket. http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/1318/

I got a little suggestion about farmfields.

1# Dont you guys think that when building farmfields they sould be seeding the ground and not build with hammers like houses.

2# If possible farmers sould be farming on different spots on the field not in one line next to each other.

3# When destroyed it gets like burned grass with dirt.

I think it will look alot more realistic.

Hey Roeke,

As of 1# ... I totally agree with you. It would be nice to see the building of farm animation changed to sowing of seeds instead of hammers.

As of 2# ....I'm not sure about. Having the farmers on different spots on the field might cause a lot more micro for players to position there farmers closer to the drop off point thus taking away micro that could be used elsewhere in the gameplay.

Edited by AceWild

Something that I'm more interested in is whether or not you could make farms produce more food per harvester depending on terrain type. desert terrain has poor turnover for example

^ Yes that also would be a great addition, So grassy plains is more fertile then sand plains + a good thing would be that you cant build farmfield every where and really need to think where you place your farmlands.

Yeah would be nice have, but its not prority now.

I think Implementing this will cause unfair balance on many maps. For example - one player starts in green grass and the other player starts in snow.

Edited by AceWild

Sorry guys but I have to disagree! ..... I think Implementing this will cause unfair balance... as with many maps for example..... one player starts in nice green grass and the other in snow.....this would then make the game unfair.

Well obviously you make the maps balanced, lol

Hey Roeke,

As of 1# ... I totally agree with you. It would be nice to see the building of farm animation changed to sowing of seeds instead of hammers.

As of 2# ....I don't agree with. Having the farmers on different spots on the field will cause a lot more micro for players to position there farmers closer to the drop off point thus taking away micro that could be used elsewhere in the gameplay.

Nr2 You can double click on your farmers and you select them all,Or just move your mouse over it since the fields aren't that big so i dont see that as more micro... And when they all work on the other side of the field they walk further then when they are spread. And the farmers just go to a spot on the field you dont need to click them all on different spots

But its just a suggestion to let it look a bit more realistic.

Posted · Hidden by alpha123, June 11, 2014 - Just hiding some of these
Hidden by alpha123, June 11, 2014 - Just hiding some of these

Hey Lion..... Just Remember that I only want the best for this game.....and also take into account that I have to deal with alot of rubbish also.

Rubbish like what? You say you got 18 years experience with RTS but sometimes you sound like a little one.