(ROTE)=TASK=Remaining Han Art Stuff

Ayakashi

Not sure if it should go here or with the ROTE threads but here goes anyways...

This topic is just to lump in all the art shizzle that needed to be done to help finish this mod.

I'll help as much as I can with the concept art department, and if anybody want me to draw anything, gimme a shout!

I suppose we still need (correct me if I'm wrong or missing anything):

Stable

Gate

Fortress*

Blacksmith

Wonder

Any possible special buildings

Champion Units?

More Cavalry?

And here I got the Storehouse to get things started:

post-15249-0-92700600-1401150770_thumb.j

(tried to keep it consistent with existing structures but dunno if I done a good job of it lol)

EDIT: A couple of references that might help with modelling:

B60P130%2B_Storehouse_new.jpg

wooden-models-of-sedan-chair-and-wheelba

Edited by Ayakashi
  • Like 3

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I now figured you are adding icons too. Epic. You don't need to conform too strictly to the existing models.

(as we have a storehouse already modeled I think you don't want me to model it again. If on the other hand you didn't see te existing storehouse then we will model your drawing and add it as a variation, we 'll not waste our councilor's efforts!)

Edited by Hephaestion

Oops didn't know that! I drew it because of Lion's request. Totally up to you if you want to model this version or not thanks for the offer!

Plz do let me know if you need concept for anything else! Tho admittedly I'm not the fastest guy ever because of super hectic lifestyle lol! So I'd normally take a few days to a week, depends (well, faster if its just pencil drawing I went too ballz out with this).

I haven't seen the model btw, can I have a look? Is it in the github version already?

Edited by Ayakashi

Anyway feel free to draw anything you want, if you think the buildings are not good as they are we can still improve them. Do you happen to draw any other civ ? Or are you just interested in Asian building style ? Because you can help all of the mods by drawing their missing building (we will try to provide a list) Also we could make Pdf artbooks with them. That´d be good for your portfolio. :)

Do you mind sharing your knowledge by making tutorials or linkin some by any chance ? ( This is just a suggestion. Don ´t feel obliged)

Anyway feel free to draw anything you want, if you think the buildings are not good as they are we can still improve them. Do you happen to draw any other civ ? Or are you just interested in Asian building style ? Because you can help all of the mods by drawing their missing building (we will try to provide a list) Also we could make Pdf artbooks with them. That´d be good for your portfolio. :)

Do you mind sharing your knowledge by making tutorials or linkin some by any chance ? ( This is just a suggestion. Don ´t feel obliged) even if you could record your drawing process ( no comments needed)

• 3 weeks later...

You can also just make 2 versions, one with open gates and one with closed gates (gates best as a prop, as they need to be an actor later on anyway). It won't have the nice gate movement, but at least, players will see if the gates are open or closed.

You can use animations to switch props. So there's no problem with this approach.

• Like 2

gates best as a prop, as they need to be an actor later on anyway

why this sentence fascinates me? Will door be destroyable soon?

We can use animations to switch props? That means we can switch the Actor with an animation state. Different actor at the beginning and at the last animation frame?

I could create the rigs, this kind of rigging is not too difficult. It's rather if there's enough information as of how the walls should look + how the doors should look.

Edited by Hephaestion

Of course you can use animations to switch props, it's the primary purpose of props. Not a different prop at the begin than at the end, but different animations have different props. S.a. you can see in the carrying-meat, carrying-grain, carrying-food, ... animations.

The garrison flag is also an animation (which causes some problems in moving things, as the walking animation is a different animation).

I will work on the following in this order:

- Egyptian Pharao: Ramses II (to be committed today)

- Han Hero: Liu Bang (to be comitted today)

- Storehouse: adding textures + XML (today start before cowboy).

- Assyrian XML (to be committed today evening).

Tomorrow I have to work but maybe in the evening I can model the next Han building. Is the fortress one of those you wanted to rework? I think not, thus I may create it.

Then we're short before finishing the most intense part of Rise of The East. I wish to not invest too much time in techs as I plan to rework technologies anyway.

冲车:诸葛亮攻击陈仓的武器,也是历代进行攻城的时候使用的重要战车,在陈仓,被郝昭用链球式磨盘所破

Siege Tower. Zhuge Liang (possibly hero) used one of these to attack Chencang, but it was destroyed by Hao Zhao's troops using millstones chained together.

nmyleZw.png

;)

Okay back to topic: have created a bronze_age texture for the pharao, it's all a bit delayed now but perhaps I still can commit the Pharao tonight. Then I'll focus on the remaining Egyptian + Han buildings.

After that the Assyrians get their units.

Then their buildings.

Then I leave Bronze Age and finish the early medieval Japanese in a rush.

Then back to Bronze Age Hittites.

At this point we'll have three full civs in Bronze Age and are ready for A17.

Millennium will have the Japanese as new civ and is ready for A17 too.

The Iron Age will be completely finished for A17, i.e. we'll finish the Han Chinese + the Lusitanians.

Then it's all getting easier as only Bronze Age + Medieval remain and especially Medieval is what I'm really looking forward to.

• Like 1