[Status] Mesoamerican Art Wishlist (2D, 3D, Animation, Maps/Campaigns)

Trinketos

The civilization's design document will be compiled into this wishlist indicating status of progress and priority as well as guiding the way to the topic where the art is being developed (those ==Task threads).

- please post below if there are any things you would love to see. -

Eras / Civilization Variants to model:

• Mesoamerican Hunter Gatherer, Height/Zenith: ?, Region: ?;
  • Aztec (?BCE..?), Height/Zenith: ?, Region: ?;
  • Olmec (?BCE..?), Height/Zenith: ?, Region: ?;
  • Mayan (?BCE..?), Height/Zenith: ?, Region: ?; [Discussion] [Concepts] [Faction Profile Design Document]
  • Mexica (?BCE..?), Height/Zenith: ?, Region: ?;
  • ?

3D

• Mesoamerican chariots - mesoamerican__chariot_b, mesoamerican__chariot_a, mesoamerican__unit__chariot_e

Aztec:

• label - civ__faction__filename, civ__faction__file_done (artist), [Concepts]

Mayan:

2D

• Mesoamerican chariots - mesoamerican__chariot_b, mesoamerican__chariot_a, mesoamerican__unit__chariot_e

Aztec:

Mayan:

Animation

Map/Campaign

• Africa / Middle East / South Europe.

• 1 month later...

Great, that's the info we need.

To be honest currently the civilization separation is fuzzy (not only we, also historians in general are not the same opinion) and I'm grateful for support.

Great, that's the info we need.

To be honest currently the civilization separation is fuzzy (not only we, also historians in general are not the same opinion) and I'm grateful for support.

But before I forget, this topic is all about one and the same civilization: The Mesoamerican .

All the listed factions are only factions, subtypes or eras of the civilization.

Win XP is no prob.

Open Windows Update Center and install SP3 (Service Pack 3), then Git Tortoise works.

That support is gone for Win XP is no prob. Win XP will only become safer by people no longer using it because then it no longer makes sense to write viruses for it.

If there is an error message when installing Git Tortoise, post back and we will get you through.

You mean e.g. the university firewall blocks it?

- If you have control over the firewall then you can explicitely whitelist (allow) git tortoise.

Or you mean there are issues in the router or modem, port is locked/busy or something like a protocol issue.

- You could try freeing the port then in the router config or use the alternate git link then, i.e. using https protocol instead of ssh (which I believe git clients like tortoise try to use by default):

git@github.com:0ADMods/ocelotlazohteotl.git

Btw, you can cache your pw if you don't want to store it in the config but also don't want to reenter it on each commit.

git config --global credential.helper cache

@us: We also should git push after each commit to be sure to avoid those merge commits.

my modem es una usb, mi pc bloquea los puertos usb y no se por que, firefox me dice en ingles the conection is resed cuando me meto a cualquier pagina de internet, lo mismo me pasa con internet explorer google chrome y opera

USB modem ok. Is weird that, with "resed" you mean reset right?

USB modem means it'll be hard to find drivers for newer than Win XP windows versions. Depending on the modem but mostly this is ancient tech.

A LAN modem doesn't need a driver at all as the driver is at another place.

my modem es una usb, mi pc bloquea los puertos usb y no se por que, firefox me dice en ingles the conection

When does this happen? When you try to clone the Oceotlahteotl repository which takes some time because of all the files? Or does this happen all the time?

I would recommend trying to clone the repository to your local machine during the night. When you are in the internet at the same time git tries to clone something over a slow connection, then it's almost predefined that something will fail.

Also switch off the energy saving option to go into hibernation or suspend mode. It will stop the CPU (processor) and thus all downloads will fail. So will the repository clone which also has to download plenty things.

Once you have cloned the repo, the situation will improve as there is less to download as generally only changes will be downloaded.

--

bloquea los puertos usb

How do you know that your USB modem port is blocked? It shouldn't be blocked as it is no serial connection, e.g. no COM port might get reused by other programs in which case you had to reserve that port but meh, you don't have to do that!

In any case deactivated the firewall -> Control center -> System & Security or something similar -> Firewall -> turn it off no matter what Windows tells you.

You can turn it on later after ruling out that the Firewall is the issue.

--

That the connections resets is a hint for a slow connection which means you'll need some luck, e.g. that very few people of your country are in the internet and that you only clone the repo and don't do anything else as every website will cost you bandwidth that git clone might need to finish in time before the connection is reset again.