Alpha 16 trade changes

AceWild

Hi,

In regards to the new setting in alpha 16 to change the % of market to market trading for all of the resources....... This change makes it a pain for anyone wanting to 100% trade a resource. One click for every 5% is slow.

Edited by AceWild
Please use special fonts only to structure your post, not for entire posts

The GUI of this new trade interface could certainly be improved to make it less confusing for new players, but I really do not understand the second part of your sentence: how can it be more painful to change your trade income at only one place instead of having to hunt after all your traders to change their resource ?

• Like 1

I agree that the new trading system might be confusing e.g.:

The probability may be confusing at first glance (traders actually only trade one resource. But it might even teach PPL how probability works ^^)

But I strongly agree that having all traders settings in one place is MUCH better to handle in the end.

• Like 2

The GUI of this new trade interface could certainly be improved to make it less confusing for new players, but I really do not understand the second part of your sentence: how can it be more painful to change your trade income at only one place instead of having to hunt after all your traders to change their resource ?

You don't have to hunt for all traders on map ... just hold down Alt and double click on one trader to select all traders on map.

Edited by AceWild

Because you are an adept of trading with only one resource does not mean everybody wants it. If you want to have for example 2 resources with 30% and 70%, you would still have to do some manipulations (and computations if several trade routes with different incomes) to achieve what you need. Concerning the number of clicks with 5% increase, as I said, the GUI certainly deserves some improvments (a slider would be better).

• Like 3

Because you are an adept of trading with only one resource does not mean everybody wants it. If you want to have for example 2 resources with 30% and 70%, you would still have to do some manipulations (and computations if several trade routes with different incomes) to achieve what you need. Concerning the number of clicks with 5% increase, as I said, the GUI certainly deserves some improvments (a slider would be better).

very good explanation can be good include in game manual. +10

I'm not adept to trading of one resource but many players are. A slider sounds good.

Edited by AceWild

... by the way I'm surprised you didn't even know that Alt and double click on a trader selects them all!

we are may-be diverging a bit from the original subject ? but yes I've never used dble-click to select all traders because I usually never trade only one resource and that is the rare case where it is usefull. In fact, before the A16 changes, I nearly never changed the resources assigned to my traders because it was really not convenient.

But I agree that for people trading only one resource at a time, and changing it frequently, the new system implies more clicks ! may-be we can try and improve the present trade window (waiting for a full gui review) using keys : for example, when we ctrl-click on one resource, it will be put to 100%. We could also change the step to be 10% instead of the 5% which is may-be not really needed.

• Like 1