Water

Centurion2

How will water be played? A quick search was too broad and I recall ai not even being able to play water as of 2013

Is it

A. Age of Empires style, very limited. Basic ships shooting at each other transports fishing

Or

B. more fleshed out. Ramming. Boarding.

Also, are there bridges and moles in 0 a.d tha are actually build able? That would be huge.

As of the navies: PetraAI of mimo & wraitii now has naval support (in the SVN trunk, not Alpha 16). Mimo asked for feedback/testing in the PetraAI topic.

We generally tend to version B as Niek pointed out, but we're waiting for open source enthusiasts to make it happen.

Also, are there bridges and moles in 0 a.d tha are actually build able? That would be huge.

Bridges are, at least MuteLovestone is not far from it. He made fences buildable recently. Check out his mods.

Excuse my noob question, but with moles you mean spyholes in the ground? Such that units can hide in holes? Or in caves you dig?

• 2 weeks later...

We somehow might find a way, though I'm not yet certain as of when and how the units should build it. Special would be that the mole was constructed horizontally chunk by piece probably. (yet each chunk could be raised like it is currently for building which rise from the ground)

4905521_f520.jpg

http://hubpages.com/hub/Alexander-the-Great-Spanks-the-City-of-Tyre

I think, adapting the height map dynamically for freeing a mountain pass would be easier, though I don't know if marking impassable tiles as passable in general works. (impassable are e.g. those with a slope higher than xy degree or water tiles).