Black ground textures and no unit textures

RoekeloosNL

I got Alpha 16 and i see there are more graphics options so i turn them all on and start a game and then i only see the green health bars and red when i click on units. So i turn them all off restart and i see that Post Processing is not working and makes my game all black. And when i turn on Show Sky ingame it crashes the game.

Hope it helps. cant make screenshots wont let me :unknw:

My System

------------------------------------------------------

OS: Windows 7 64bit Ulitimate / Processor: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Eight-Core 4.00Ghz
Motherboard: GA-990FXA-UD5 / Memory: 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz / GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB

Edited by RoekeloosNL

What map are you playing? (Maybe a specific post processing shader causes the issue)

Also did you run it using the latest graphics drivers?

Its on all maps and all scenarios when i turn it on its all black. And i have the latest patch 335.23 there is a new beta patch but i did not install that one.

After trying it myself I can confirm this problem. (With SVN)

With post proc disabled, start the game and enable it during a match causes the screen to black out, wth the error:

ERROR: CRenderer::EndFrame: GL errors occurred

SmoothLOS causes the game to crash too.

This is in Win 7 Professional, GTS450, latest NVidia.

Edited by niektb

I got Alpha 16 and i see there are more graphics options so i turn them all on and start a game and then i only see the green health bars and red when i click on units. So i turn them all off restart and i see that Post Processing is not working and makes my game all black.

That is probably broken in a similar way as "Smooth LOS" (#2513), I also find that it crashes when enabling post-processing during a game. So there should be a ticket created for that.

And when i turn on Show Sky ingame it crashes the game.

When the game crashes, please follow the instructions on ReportingErrors. Provide any messages that accompanied the crash, and upload the crashlog files as explained in the link. These files are overwritten after each crash, so they should be uploaded as soon as possible afterward, to avoid mixing different problems.

That's not a known problem, so it would be interesting to have more info, and also know which options you have enabled at the time, maybe even which map you're playing.

Hope it helps. cant make screenshots wont let me :unknw:

The in-game screenshot (F2 hotkey) doesn't work? Is there an error or what happens?
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem no matter the graphic settings and no matter what map i select it is always black with no map textures and no unit textures....oddly enough the GUI and the minimap are shown.....

We need info about your system, can you post the game's system_info.txt from the log directory (see see GameDataPaths)? It should tell us your OS, graphics card, drivers, etc. It may be no more than a driver bug.

Was it broken that way from the first install? Did you change any graphics settings before testing? You can reset them by deleting the user.cfg/local.cfg config files (see GameDataPaths).