Water (can't see it)

Andjety

Hello,

I can't see the water, in alpha 15 and 16. I could before (i'm not sure thought, if it is related to the passage between 14 and 15, or other thing i may have done elsewhere). I don't know why.

I'm with ubuntu with the driver flgrx for my amd card (may be because of that?)

Could that be a bug?

I have no other issue (that i would know about) otherwise with my desktop (watching HD movies works fine, for exemple).

Ciao

Here it is:

(generated 2014-05-05 15:40:37 UTC)OS             : Linux 3.13.0-22-generic (#44-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 2 20:04:41 UTC 2014)CPU            : i686,        Intel Core i5-2550K @ 3.40GHz (1x4x1), 3.40 GHzMemory         : 8046 MiB; 1214 MiB freeGraphics Card  : ATI AMD Radeon R7 200 Series                         OpenGL Drivers : 4.3.12798 Compatibility Profile Context 13.35.1005; OpenGL 4.3.12798 Compatibility Profile Context 13.35.1005Video Mode     : 1920x1080:32Sound Card     : UnknownSound Drivers  : UnknownOpenGL Extensions: GL_AMDX_debug_outputGL_AMD_blend_minmax_factorGL_AMD_conservative_depthGL_AMD_debug_outputGL_AMD_depth_clamp_separateGL_AMD_draw_buffers_blendGL_AMD_framebuffer_sample_positionsGL_AMD_gcn_shaderGL_AMD_gpu_shader_int64GL_AMD_interleaved_elementsGL_AMD_multi_draw_indirectGL_AMD_name_gen_deleteGL_AMD_performance_monitorGL_AMD_pinned_memoryGL_AMD_query_buffer_objectGL_AMD_sample_positionsGL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_textureGL_AMD_shader_atomic_counter_opsGL_AMD_shader_stencil_exportGL_AMD_shader_stencil_value_exportGL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmaxGL_AMD_stencil_operation_extendedGL_AMD_texture_cube_map_arrayGL_AMD_texture_texture4GL_AMD_transform_feedback3_lines_trianglesGL_AMD_transform_feedback4GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layerGL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_indexGL_ARB_ES2_compatibilityGL_ARB_ES3_compatibilityGL_ARB_arrays_of_arraysGL_ARB_base_instanceGL_ARB_blend_func_extendedGL_ARB_clear_buffer_objectGL_ARB_clear_textureGL_ARB_color_buffer_floatGL_ARB_compatibilityGL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storageGL_ARB_compute_shaderGL_ARB_conservative_depthGL_ARB_copy_bufferGL_ARB_copy_imageGL_ARB_debug_outputGL_ARB_depth_buffer_floatGL_ARB_depth_clampGL_ARB_depth_textureGL_ARB_draw_buffersGL_ARB_draw_buffers_blendGL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertexGL_ARB_draw_indirectGL_ARB_draw_instancedGL_ARB_explicit_attrib_locationGL_ARB_explicit_uniform_locationGL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventionsGL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewportGL_ARB_fragment_programGL_ARB_fragment_program_shadowGL_ARB_fragment_shaderGL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachmentsGL_ARB_framebuffer_objectGL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGBGL_ARB_geometry_shader4GL_ARB_get_program_binaryGL_ARB_gpu_shader5GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64GL_ARB_half_float_pixelGL_ARB_half_float_vertexGL_ARB_imagingGL_ARB_instanced_arraysGL_ARB_internalformat_queryGL_ARB_internalformat_query2GL_ARB_invalidate_subdataGL_ARB_map_buffer_alignmentGL_ARB_map_buffer_rangeGL_ARB_multi_bindGL_ARB_multi_draw_indirectGL_ARB_multisampleGL_ARB_multitextureGL_ARB_occlusion_queryGL_ARB_occlusion_query2GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_objectGL_ARB_point_parametersGL_ARB_point_spriteGL_ARB_program_interface_queryGL_ARB_provoking_vertexGL_ARB_query_buffer_objectGL_ARB_sample_shadingGL_ARB_sampler_objectsGL_ARB_seamless_cube_mapGL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_textureGL_ARB_separate_shader_objectsGL_ARB_shader_atomic_countersGL_ARB_shader_bit_encodingGL_ARB_shader_group_voteGL_ARB_shader_image_load_storeGL_ARB_shader_image_sizeGL_ARB_shader_objectsGL_ARB_shader_precisionGL_ARB_shader_stencil_exportGL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_objectGL_ARB_shader_subroutineGL_ARB_shader_texture_lodGL_ARB_shading_language_100GL_ARB_shading_language_420packGL_ARB_shading_language_packingGL_ARB_shadowGL_ARB_shadow_ambientGL_ARB_stencil_texturingGL_ARB_syncGL_ARB_tessellation_shaderGL_ARB_texture_border_clampGL_ARB_texture_buffer_objectGL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32GL_ARB_texture_buffer_rangeGL_ARB_texture_compressionGL_ARB_texture_compression_bptcGL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtcGL_ARB_texture_cube_mapGL_ARB_texture_cube_map_arrayGL_ARB_texture_env_addGL_ARB_texture_env_combineGL_ARB_texture_env_crossbarGL_ARB_texture_env_dot3GL_ARB_texture_floatGL_ARB_texture_gatherGL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edgeGL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeatGL_ARB_texture_multisampleGL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_twoGL_ARB_texture_query_levelsGL_ARB_texture_query_lodGL_ARB_texture_rectangleGL_ARB_texture_rgGL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2uiGL_ARB_texture_snormGL_ARB_texture_storageGL_ARB_texture_storage_multisampleGL_ARB_texture_swizzleGL_ARB_texture_viewGL_ARB_timer_queryGL_ARB_transform_feedback2GL_ARB_transform_feedback3GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instancedGL_ARB_transpose_matrixGL_ARB_uniform_buffer_objectGL_ARB_vertex_array_bgraGL_ARB_vertex_array_objectGL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bitGL_ARB_vertex_attrib_bindingGL_ARB_vertex_buffer_objectGL_ARB_vertex_programGL_ARB_vertex_shaderGL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_revGL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_revGL_ARB_viewport_arrayGL_ARB_window_posGL_ATI_draw_buffersGL_ATI_envmap_bumpmapGL_ATI_fragment_shaderGL_ATI_meminfoGL_ATI_separate_stencilGL_ATI_texture_compression_3dcGL_ATI_texture_env_combine3GL_ATI_texture_floatGL_ATI_texture_mirror_onceGL_EXT_abgrGL_EXT_bgraGL_EXT_bindable_uniformGL_EXT_blend_colorGL_EXT_blend_equation_separateGL_EXT_blend_func_separateGL_EXT_blend_minmaxGL_EXT_blend_subtractGL_EXT_compiled_vertex_arrayGL_EXT_copy_bufferGL_EXT_copy_textureGL_EXT_depth_bounds_testGL_EXT_direct_state_accessGL_EXT_draw_buffers2GL_EXT_draw_instancedGL_EXT_draw_range_elementsGL_EXT_fog_coordGL_EXT_framebuffer_blitGL_EXT_framebuffer_multisampleGL_EXT_framebuffer_objectGL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGBGL_EXT_geometry_shader4GL_EXT_gpu_program_parametersGL_EXT_gpu_shader4GL_EXT_histogramGL_EXT_multi_draw_arraysGL_EXT_packed_depth_stencilGL_EXT_packed_floatGL_EXT_packed_pixelsGL_EXT_pixel_buffer_objectGL_EXT_point_parametersGL_EXT_provoking_vertexGL_EXT_rescale_normalGL_EXT_secondary_colorGL_EXT_separate_specular_colorGL_EXT_shader_image_load_storeGL_EXT_shader_integer_mixGL_EXT_shadow_funcsGL_EXT_stencil_wrapGL_EXT_subtextureGL_EXT_texgen_reflectionGL_EXT_texture3DGL_EXT_texture_arrayGL_EXT_texture_buffer_objectGL_EXT_texture_compression_bptcGL_EXT_texture_compression_latcGL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtcGL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tcGL_EXT_texture_cube_mapGL_EXT_texture_edge_clampGL_EXT_texture_env_addGL_EXT_texture_env_combineGL_EXT_texture_env_dot3GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropicGL_EXT_texture_integerGL_EXT_texture_lodGL_EXT_texture_lod_biasGL_EXT_texture_mirror_clampGL_EXT_texture_objectGL_EXT_texture_rectangleGL_EXT_texture_sRGBGL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decodeGL_EXT_texture_shared_exponentGL_EXT_texture_snormGL_EXT_texture_storageGL_EXT_texture_swizzleGL_EXT_timer_queryGL_EXT_transform_feedbackGL_EXT_vertex_arrayGL_EXT_vertex_array_bgraGL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bitGL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeatGL_INTEL_fragment_shader_orderingGL_KHR_debugGL_KTX_buffer_regionGL_NV_blend_squareGL_NV_conditional_renderGL_NV_copy_depth_to_colorGL_NV_copy_imageGL_NV_depth_buffer_floatGL_NV_explicit_multisampleGL_NV_float_bufferGL_NV_half_floatGL_NV_primitive_restartGL_NV_texgen_reflectionGL_NV_texture_barrierGL_SGIS_generate_mipmapGL_SGIS_texture_edge_clampGL_SGIS_texture_lodGL_SUN_multi_draw_arraysSMBIOS: 
And user.cfg

:

gentangents = "true"preferglsl = "true"watercoastalwaves = "false"waterfoam = "false"waternormals = "false"waterrealdepth = "false"waterreflection = "false"waterrefraction = "false"watershadows = "false"windowed = "false"
I had all water effect enable. If you like, i could test exactly wich of them makes the water to disapere.

The problem seems to come with the conjonction of:

• NO post-traitement
  • AND profondeur réelle de l'eau (actual water depth)

But sometimes the option post-traitement make the map disapere (dark map, only units are visible). Another option (don't know wich... ) makes the game crashing.

Otherwise, without "actual water depth", no problem.