For a New Faction: Lusitanian.

Ardworix

2 hours ago, Ardworix said:

"About nine at night, the besieged, according to custom, spent a considerable time in casting fire darts upon our soldiers, and wounded a great number of men. At day-break they sallied upon the sixth legion, while we were busy at the works, and began a sharp contest, in which, however, our men got the better, though the besieged had the advantage of the higher ground. Those who had begun the attack, being vigorously opposed on our side, notwithstanding all the inconveniences we fought under, were at length obliged to retire into the town, with many wounds. 

Toward the evening of the same day, the fight, as usual, was renewed before the walls: and the enemy having thrown many darts, and a great quantity of fire from the battlements, proceeded afterward to an action of unexampled cruelty and barbarity: for in the very sight of our troops they fell to murdering the citizens, and tumbling them headlong from the walls, as is usual among barbarians: no parallel to this is to be found in the memory of man. 

When night came on, Pompey sent a messenger unknown to us, to exhort the garrison to set fire to our towers and mound, and make a sally at midnight. Accordingly, having poured upon us a great quantity of fire darts, and destroyed a considerable part of the rampart, they opened the gate which lay over against and within view of Pompey's camp, and sallied out with all their forces, carrying with them fascines to fill up the ditch; hooks and fire to destroy and reduce to ashes the barracks, which the soldiers had built mostly of reeds to defend them from the winter;" - Bellum Hispaniensis.

This is from Bellum Hispaniensis (Spanish War) chapter 12 to 16, but it describes the siege of Ategua (nearby Cordoba) in Baetica.

The Lusitanians aren't involved before the chapter 30, where they faced Caesar at Munda as an auxiliary force brought by Pompey's sons.

So excuse me, but your quote corroborates this is a habit from the Iberian natives. The defenders of Ategua used fire darts against Caesar.

Anyone can verify it here: https://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Caesar/Spanish_War/text*.html

https://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/Images/Roman/Texts/Caesar/Spanish_War/Map6=large*.jpg

Edited by Genava55

From the beginning, the presence of Lusitanians, as mercenaries, has been reported, although it gained greater prominence with Philo's request for help from the Lusitanian Cecilius Niger.

"At a later period two brothers, Lusitanians, deserted and reported a speech which Pompeius had delivered, to the effect that, since he could not come to the assistance of the town, they must withdraw by night out of sight of their opponents in the direction of the sea."

Keep trying to cover up your ill will with the heavy army of the Lusitanians.

1 hour ago, Ardworix said:

From the beginning, the presence of Lusitanians, as mercenaries, has been reported, although it gained greater prominence with Philo's request for help from the Lusitanian Cecilius Niger.

Those are not mercenaries but auxiliaries, that a detail but it matters.

Anyway the Lusitanians ARE NOT in Ategua, they are not throwing fire darts. They are with Pompey's sons in his camp. This is even explicitly told when two Lusitanian brothers flee the camp of Pompey and surrender to Caesar, reporting information said by Pompey's sons.

The Lusitanians were with Pompey's sons, not in the town of Ategua.

You were wrong, you can simply move on.

Keep trying to cover up your ill will with the heavy army of the Lusitanians.

Change your tone.

If you mean my proposal, following one made by @Duileoga, to follow a successive variation of the body armor with experience, this is simply a standard in 0AD. Most civilization follow this simple rule.

For example, the hoplites for the Greek civs do not have a body armor at the basic.

Each unit have three experience levels with a model associated. Basic, Advanced, Elite.

It is important that the player can easily catch the change among his troops and among enemy's troops.

The most common for the basic is to have no body armor. The Greek hoplite do not have a body armor, it doesn't mean he is not a heavy infantryman. I think you are overreacting here but whatever.

If you want organic armor for the basic version, I don't care. I am not against.

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 1

On 30/08/2021 at 5:52 PM, Ardworix said:

Especially, I think it would be interesting to add Sertorius as the third hero of the lusitanian faction. In spite of being of Roman origin. Sertório was certainly, after Viriato, the greatest "general" who led the lusitanian in a war as intense or more intense than the one waged by Viriato. There was a moment when the Romans mobilized 130 thousand men against the Portuguese of Sertorius.

Since he was Roman perhaps it might be better to use one of the Lusitanian chiefs who sided with Sertorius as hero; that is assuming any of their names have been recorded.

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The troops that attack and use fire dards are from Pompey who had already attacked, previously: 

"At the third watch of the night there was very sharp fighting in the area of the town, and many fire-brands were discharged."

"At the second watch the enemy observed his usual custom of hurling from the town a large quantity of fire-brands and missiles, spending a good long time in the process and wounding a large number."

"Later on that day the old routine was observed and fighting broke out along the battlements. After discharging a very large number of missile weapons and firebrands at our troops [....]"

"In the closing hours of this day the Pompeians sent a courier, without the knowledge of our men, with instructions that in the course of that night those in the town should set our towers and rampart on fire and make a sally at the third watch. Accordingly, after they had hurled fire-brands and a quantity of missile weapons and spent a very large part of the night in so doing, they opened the gate which lay directly opposite Pompeius' camp and was in sight of it, and made a sally with their entire forces."

The episode of the Lusitanians brothers who desert, comes from these troops of Pompey, of which they even report a speech....

Furthermore, Pompey's troops were not formed exclusively by Turdetans/Béticas... as the episode of the Lusitanians brothers expressly demonstrates. Juan José Sayas Abengochea, at one point, dealing with the composition of Pompey's forces, says: 

"Por primera vez, tenemos noticia no sólo de legionarios hispanos, sino de legiones completas formadas con indígenas, indudablemente, en su mayoría, ya ciudadanos romanos procedentes de la Bética. Frente a éstos, las regiones periféricas de la Península ofrecen el imprescindible elemento auxiliar, en cierto modo tumultuario y tradicional en los efectivos bélicos romanos. Su procedencia y su modo de inclusión demuestran manifiestamente que no había de esperarse de ellos una  identificación política con los bandos en lucha, sino, a lo sumo, un apego al partido dentro del cual combatían, movidos por intereses más elementales, ya fuera la  coacción o esperanzas y promesas de significado puramente material. Sin ser exhaustivos, citemos los lusitanos de Petreyo (región que diez años antes aún había necesitado una campaña militar del propio César y que todavía en las mismas guerras civiles será combatida por Casio Longino); celtíberos, cántabros y otras tribus del Noroeste, reclutadas por Afranio; y, en el bando cesariano, elementos de las tribus ibéricas del Noreste." 

And for a change….again, what has become customary, you misrepresent my points. I said and I repeat that I could use heavy helmets and armor in phase 3....!!!! Which alone would make these units minority, before phase 1 and 2 composed of light troops.

From what I see, you are problematic, disruptive, and it seems that your ultimate purpose is to riot to touch your whims.

Anyway I just gave suggestions, do as you see fit. We no longer have anything to talk about and I close my participation. Have a good time!

Edited by Ardworix

31 minutes ago, Ardworix said:

The troops that attack and use fire dards are from Pompey who had already attacked, previously: 

Sorry, but the excerpts you are quoting say exactly otherwise. All the fire darts comes from the town, not from the camp of Pompey's sons. Gnæus Pompeius is not actively participating in the defense of the town since he is himself rebuilding his camps and fortifications.

Chapter 6: "Caesar began to assault Ategua by surrounding it with siege works and fortified lines."

Chapter 7: "It was in this direction, namely that of Ategua, that Pompeius had his camp pitched in the mountains in sight of both towns, without, however, venturing to come to the aid of his comrades. He had the eagles and standards of thirteen legions; but among those which he thought afforded him any solid support two were native legions, having deserted from Trebonius; a third had been raised from the local Roman settlers; a fourth was one which was once commanded by Afranius and which Pompeius had brought with him from Africa while the rest were made up of runaways or auxiliaries."

Chapter 8: "To take the present instance: Pompeius had his camp established between the above-mentioned towns of Ategua and Ucubi, in sight of both of them; and some four miles distant from his camp there lies a hillock, a natural elevation which goes by the name of the Camp of Postumius and there Caesar had established a fort for purposes of defence."

Chapter 10: "That night Pompeius burned his camp and proceeded to march towards Corduba."

Chapter 11: "At the third watch of the night there was very sharp fighting in the area of the town, and many fire-brands were discharged."

Chapter 12: "At the second watch the enemy observed his usual custom of hurling from the town a large quantity of fire-brands and missiles, spending a good long time in the process and wounding a large number. When the night had now passed they made a sally against the Sixth legion when our men were busily occupied on a field-work, and began a brisk engagement; but their sharp attack was contained by our troops despite the support which the townsmen derived from the higher ground. Having once embarked upon their sally, our opponents were nonetheless repulsed by the gallantry of our troops, although the latter were labouring under the disadvantage of a lower position; and after sustaining very heavy casualties they withdrew back into the town."

Chapter 13: "On the next day Pompeius began to carry a line of fortifications from his camp to the river Salsum"

Chapter 14: "Earlier on that day Pompeius established a fort across the river Salsum without meeting any opposition from our troops"

Chapter 15: "Later on that day the old routine was observed and fighting broke out along the battlements. After discharging a very large number of missile weapons and firebrands at our troops, who were on the defensive, the enemy embarked upon an abominable and completely ruthless outrage; for in our sight they proceeded to massacre some of their hosts in the town, and to fling them headlong from the battlements — a barbarous act, and one for which history can produce no precedent."

Chapter 16: "In the closing hours of this day the Pompeians sent a courier, without the knowledge of our men, with instructions that in the course of that night those in the town should set our towers and rampart on fire and make a sally at the third watch. Accordingly, after they had hurled fire-brands and a quantity of missile weapons and spent a very large part of the night in so doing, they opened the gate which lay directly opposite Pompeius' camp and was in sight of it, and made a sally with their entire forces."

15 hours ago, Genava55 said:

57 minutes ago, Ardworix said:

The episode of the Lusitanians brothers who desert, comes from these troops of Pompey, of which they even report a speech....

Yeah but that the point of my message. The Lusitanians are with Pompeius (Pompey's son) not in the town.

58 minutes ago, Ardworix said:

From what I see, you are problematic, disruptive, and it seems that your ultimate purpose is to riot to touch your whims.

Well just to go back to your older messages:

On 28/04/2014 at 9:38 PM, Ardworix said:

" The most powerful of the Iberian nations , and among all , longer owned the Roman arms . " - Strabo .

"Those they call Lusitanians are the most valiant of all the Cimbri . " - Diode Siculus .

His way of fighting were very different from Iberians . While the Iberians were generally more peaceful and non- waged guerrilla warfare , leaving siege by the enemy

For a Lusitanian there was no greater glory than to die in combat .

The Lusitanian weapons were also well above the Romans , so that the Romans tried to copy in vain , his arms the famous Glaudios Hipanienses , yet never managed to reach the Lusitanian excellence. even more terrible was the " Machaera Hispanienses " ( falcata ) :

On 31/01/2016 at 10:32 PM, Ardworix said:

The scamatta lorica appears to have been originally of use of the Lusitanians, and later copied by the Romans as the "glaudius hispaniensis". The use of crimson color, the Roman army wore gray, when the invasion of the Iberian. The "salutatio iberika" was also copied by the Romans.

On 30/08/2021 at 10:52 PM, Ardworix said:

This also implies an increase in the gameplay of the Lusitanian faction. This is because, with Sertorius, it is mentioned by Plutarch that Sertorius' troops created a naval flotilla, siege weapons and other weapons, previously only used by the Romans. In other words, the Lusitanian faction could have available weapons already available in the Roman faction.

I really have the feeling to read a chauvinistic teenager.

Anyway I just gave suggestions, do as you see fit. We no longer have anything to talk about and I close my participation. Have a good time!

Bye.

13 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Question. In DE, if I were to add a Lusitanian merc for the Iberians, what class of soldier would be the most iconic to use? 

I would say a javelineer would work fine. Strabo's account is short and could be an example of an emblematic case:

6. At any rate, the Lusitanians, it is said, are given to laying ambush, given to spying out, are quick, nimble, and good at deploying troops. They have a small shield two feet in diameter, concave in front, and suspended from the shoulder by means of thongs (for it has neither arm-rings nor handles). Besides these shields they have a dirk or a butcher's-knife. Most of them wear linen cuirasses; a few wear chain-wrought cuirasses and helmets with three crests, but the rest wear helmets made of sinews. The foot-soldiers wear greaves also, and each soldier has several javelins; and some also make use of spears, and the spears have bronze heads.

https://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/e/roman/texts/strabo/3c*.html

Diodorus Siculus mention also that the young Lusitanians were used to plunder other lands to learn the way of war.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Genava55 said:

I would say a javelineer would work fine. Strabo's account is short and could be an example of an emblematic case:

Diodorus Siculus mention also that the young Lusitanians were used to plunder other lands to learn the way of war.

for iberians and lusitanians I would put: vetone cavalry with sword
then for Iberians: heavy javalier soliferreum champion (similar to the one the Athenians and Spartans had in the A24/24)
for Lusitanians: ambusher, light javelin, faster than the "regulars", with a small melee attack. with a small melee attack and not affected by defensive technologies.
seems to me the most appropriate due to the description of each one. 

Edited by soloooy0
  • Like 2

Buenos días /tardes/noches;

-Texturas para unidades de infantería ligera lusitana en fase 3 , provisionales;

(las texturas inferiores de pelaje son las capas, además de añadir textura para grebas y cinturón)

Escaramuzador lusitano;

278708458_texturaescaramuzadorlusitanofase3.png.9f89108dc4720c35fcd10b85faa7b632.png

Espadachín lusitano;

1563532623_texturaespadachnlusitanofase3.png.342ef34a6cead1de851eb57a484e0920.png

Hondero lusitano;

569975114_texturafundeirolusitanofase3.png.5e0bfa79d0794a56b7414b1079d96aa1.png

Lancero lusitano;

1197766674_texturalanceirolusitanofase3.png.0e4e5437a2dbc43442f438bc2af44906.png

-Cualquier sugerencia , crítica .... serán bien aceptadas.

Disculpen las molestias*

• Like 4

Diodorus Siculus, book 5: And a peculiar practice obtains among the Iberians and particularly among the Lusitanians; for when their young men come to the bloom of their physical strength, those who are the very poorest among them in worldly goods and yet excel in vigour of body and daring equip themselves with no more than valour and arms and gather in the mountain fastnesses, where they form into bands of considerable size and then descend upon Iberia and collect wealth from their pillaging. And this brigandage they continually practise in a spirit of complete disdain; for using as they do light arms and being altogether nimble and swift, they are a most difficult people for other men to subdue.

Looks like a kind of männerbund and it would explain why there is a stelae among Cantabrians depicting a warrior with a wolf-hood. Männerbunde are generally associated to wolf or dog in Indo-European societies.

I suggest the Lusitanians should have a special unit called Lusitanian young or Lusitanian raider.

It could be simply the standard javelineer unit but with a bonus of speed. Which by itself would be a pain in the *** and a good advantage if given at the start.

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 3

By the way, I noticed a potential issue in a previous post of Ardworix (one more to the list).

He claimed the Lusitanians wore black cloths but actually it isn't related to Lusitanians.

On 08/09/2021 at 8:31 PM, Ardworix said:

I think it would also be important to consider Estrabon's express description of the Lusitanian people's way of dressing, he says:

" [....] Most have linothorax; others, but in a small number, wear chain mail and the triple summit helmet; helmets are generally made of leather. Pedestrians also have leather gaiters, and each one carries many long darts in his hand; some use spears tipped with bronze. All men are dressed in black, and to tell the truth, they do not leave their sagos using them as blankets on their beds of straw Dry: these robes, like those of the Celts, are made of coarse wool or goat hair. Women only wear colored robes and dresses made of crisscross thread." - Estrabon, Geography, Book III. 

About it, also Diodorus Sciculus:

"They wear rough black cassocks made of wool, like goat hair. Some of them are armed with the light Welsh shields, others with Sketon as large as shields, and wear greaves on their legs made of coarse fur and bronze helmets over their heads, adorned with red plumes. They carry double-edged swords exactly tempered with steel, and have daggers on the side, of a long span, which they make use of in close fights." - Diodorus Siculus - Book V, Brittany, Gaul and Iberia. 

Actually, he manipulated the quotes for purposes.

The whole quote from Strabo should be this (the translation is different but you will see the issue):

The Lusitanians are reported to be clever in laying ambushes, sharp, swift of foot, light, and easily disciplined as soldiers. The small shield they make use of is two feet in diameter, its outer surface concave, and suspended by leather thongs; it neither has rings nor handles. They have in addition a poignard or dagger. Their corselets are for the most part made of linen; a few have chain-coats and helmets with triple crests, but the others use helmets composed of sinews. The infantry wear greaves, each man is furnished with a number of javelins; some also use spears pointed with brass. They report that some of those who dwell near to the river Douro imitate the Lacedæmonians in anointing their bodies with oil, using hot air-baths made of heated stones, bathing in cold water, and taking but one tidy and frugal meal a day. The Lusitanians are frequent in the performance of sacrifice; they examine the entrails, but without cutting them out of the body; they also examine the veins of the side, and practise augury by the touch. They likewise divine by the entrails of captive enemies, whom they first cover with a military cloak, and when stricken under the entrails by the haruspex, they draw their first auguries from the fall [of the victim]. They cut off the right hands of their prisoners, and consecrate them to the gods.

All the mountaineers are frugal, their beverage is water, they sleep on the ground, and wear a profuse quantity of long hair after the fashion of women, which they bind around the forehead when they go to battle. They subsist principally on the flesh of the goat, which animal they sacrifice to Mars, as also prisoners taken in war, and horses. They likewise offer hecatombs of each kind after the manner of the Greeks, described by Pindar, to sacrifice a hundred of every [species].

They practise gymnastic exercises, both as heavy-armed soldiers, and cavalry, also boxing, running, skirmishing, and fighting in bands. For two-thirds of the year the mountaineers feed on the acorn, which they dry, bruise, and afterwards grind and make into a kind of bread, which may be stored up for a long period. They also use beer; wine is very scarce, and what is made they speedily consume in feasting with their relatives. In place of oil they use butter. Their meals they take sitting, on seats put up round the walls, and they take place on these according to their age and rank. The supper is carried round, and whilst drinking they dance to the sound of the flute and trumpet, springing up and sinking upon the knees.

In Bastetania the women dance promiscuously with the men, each holding the other's hand. They all dress in black, the majority of them in cloaks called saga, in which they sleep on beds of straw. They make use of wooden vessels like the Kelts. The women wear dresses and embroidered garments. Instead of money, those who dwell far in the interior exchange merchandise, or give pieces of silver cut off from plates of that metal. Those condemned to death are executed by stoning; parricides are put to death without the frontiers or the cities. They marry according to the customs of the Greeks. Their sick they expose upon the highways, in the same way as the Egyptians did anciently, in the hope that some one who has experienced the malady may be able to give them advice. Up to the time of [the expedition of] Brutus they made use of vessels constructed of skins for crossing the lagoons formed by the tides; they now have them formed out of the single trunk of a tree, but these are scarce. Their salt is purple, but becomes white by pounding. The life of the mountaineers is such as I have described, I mean those bordering the northern side of Iberia, the Gallicians, the Asturians, and the Cantabrians, as far as the Vascons and the Pyrenees. The mode of life amongst all these is similar. But I am reluctant to fill my page with their names, and would fain escape the disagreeable task of writing them, unless perchance the Pleutauri, the Bardyetæ, the Allotriges, and other names still worse and more out of the way than these might be grateful to the ear of some one.

Bastetania is actually there:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastetania

220px-Bastetanos_en_la_Pen%C3%ADnsula_Ib

For Diodorus Siculus, the quote is actually about Celtiberians:

Now that we have spoken at sufficient length about the Celts we shall turn our history to the Celtiberians who are their neighbours. In ancient times these two peoples, namely, the Iberians and the Celts, kept warring among themselves over the land, but when later they arranged their differences and settled upon the land altogether, and when they went further and agreed to intermarriage with each other, because of such intermixture the two peoples received the appellation given above. And since it was two powerful nations that united and the land of theirs was fertile, it came to pass that the Celtiberians advanced far in fame and were subdued by the Romans with difficulty and only after they had faced them in battle over a long period. And this people, it would appear, provide for warfare not only excellent cavalry but also foot-soldiers who excel in prowess and endurance. They wear rough black cloaks, the wool of which resembles the hair of goats. As for their arms, certain of the Celtiberians, carry light shields like those of the Gauls, and certain carry circular wicker shields as large as an aspis, and about their shins and calves they wind greaves made of hair and on their heads they wear bronze helmets adorned with purple crests. The swords they wear are two-edged and wrought of excellent iron, and they also have dirks a span in length which they use in fighting at close quarters.

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Genava55 said:

By the way, I noticed a potential issue in a previous post of Ardworix (one more to the list).

He claimed the Lusitanians wore black cloths but actually it isn't related to Lusitanians.

Actually, he manipulated the quotes for purposes.

The whole quote from Strabo should be this (the translation is different but you will see the issue):

Bastetania is actually there:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastetania

220px-Bastetanos_en_la_Pen%C3%ADnsula_Ib

For Diodorus Siculus, the quote is actually about Celtiberians:

Buenos días/tardes/noches;

-Esta información es genial, me servirá para terminar alguna textura que me falta. Toda la información sobre Los lusitanos o Lusitania prerromana que encuentre no dude en pasarla , comercio ,costumbres , agricultura , religión etc...  ¡MUCHAS GRACIAS!:)

Disculpe las molestias*

-Estuve investigando que a lo mejor incluir una unidad más de artillería (además de las actuales del ariete y la escala) para que así fueran 25 unidades (ya que los kushitas tienen 25)  ;

-Mi intención sería una unidad de un guerrero que camine desarmado pero con un puñal y caetra(escudo pequeño) en la cintura además de tener su propia textura tendría un cuerpo/complexión física más fuerte o robusta que las demás unidades .La Animación de esta unidad sería que en el momento de la pelea se agacha hacia adelante, levanta o saca una piedra del suelo ,se inclina un poco hacia atrás sosteniendo la piedra por encima de su cabeza y arroja la roca .

-Sería una unidad con las ventajas de ser barata y más rápida que un balista (su homólogo )que se reclutaría en la herrería lusitana además de poder ser reclutada en fase 2 siendo desventaja que tendría menos puntos de resistencia y ataque que otras unidades de artillería pero aún así siendo más fuerte y haciendo más daño que una unidad de infantería.

-Teniendo en cuenta que los lusitanos usaron la táctica de la emboscadas en varias ocasiones no es una idea descabellada , como hicieron en la Batalla de Tribola y la Batalla del Monte Venus .

Referencias;

470774544_guerreroslusitanosdefendiendouncastroanteromanos.png.5fae2f25494ecf48e11454c16eddb225.png258198211_guerreroslusitanosemboscadaaRoma.png.6a30e92a0939cf75851bbd46355c96bd.png865171857_guerreroslusitanosdefendiendocastroderomanos.png.0381afc741580e3488ece2f1e2c972b0.png928491796_guerreroslusitanosemboscandoromanos2.png.4a4401ea8c98a1b6e763ee9d4d449614.png33412692_guerreroslusitanosemboscandoromanos.png.4adfc2e57f80d7036ef9b2c1d76a81ac.png

-Aunque mi intención es la de crear esta unidad  @Lopess cree que sería mejor crear una habilidad o tecnología que permita esta táctica. No se si sería posible ya que @Yekaterina hace tiempo me dijo con respecto al desarrollo de la unidad de "Emboscador Lusitano" que las unidades solo pueden hacer dos cosas a la vez (un tipo de ataque y capacidad de capturar o, dos ataques como está previsto para el emboscador lusitano) y si ese fuera el caso este sería un tercer ataque y no sería posible. En todo caso creo que sería mejor que los/as usuario/as elijan .

Disculpen las molestias*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suggest you to break down the implementation in different steps and to stay simple for the first steps.

Aiming directly for 25 units would be a bit difficult.

Including a rock throwing unit would require a new animation.

----------------

To be viable, the civilization would require at least:

- new male and female citizens

- javelineer

- slinger

- spearman

- swordsman

- light cavalryman

- heavy cavalryman (spear or sword)

- two champion units.

- two unique techs

- a civilization bonus

- three heroes

At first you can reuse models from the Iberians, like the caetra and the falcata, and change only the texture of the body.

• Thanks 1

for now what I see that needs to be adjusted (by the mod) and add 
in phase 1 
women, slinger, spearman, cavalry javalier
phase 2 
swordsman, javalier, cav spearman, cav lanceman
mercenary cav sword and ambusher/guerrilla (only javalryman and melee) without defense upgrades
scales?
phase 3 
sword champion, mounted champion cavalryman (fire cav)
siege
rams, (catas/onagro, bolt, Sertorius)
heroes: Cauceno, Viriato and Sertorius
team bonus:
1: metal cost to be reduced to champion troops. (less op)
2: that technologies and phase change have a reduced cost. (plus op)
add Frisian fields to Iberians and Lusitanians, to make enemy troops slower and damage the siege.
mercenary blade cav vetons to iberos and soliferrum 
more or less is the summary of what i would like to see in the next version of the mod
the theme of unique technology, that is related to metals and that name the mineria del rio tinto plz
it is possible that the translator troll me ....

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Duileoga said:

-Estuve investigando que a lo mejor incluir una unidad más de artillería (además de las actuales del ariete y la escala) para que así fueran 25 unidades (ya que los kushitas tienen 25)  ;

-Mi intención sería una unidad de un guerrero que camine desarmado pero con un puñal y caetra(escudo pequeño) en la cintura además de tener su propia textura tendría un cuerpo/complexión física más fuerte o robusta que las demás unidades .La Animación de esta unidad sería que en el momento de la pelea se agacha hacia adelante, levanta o saca una piedra del suelo ,se inclina un poco hacia atrás sosteniendo la piedra por encima de su cabeza y arroja la roca .

-Sería una unidad con las ventajas de ser barata y más rápida que un balista (su homólogo )que se reclutaría en la herrería lusitana además de poder ser reclutada en fase 2 siendo desventaja que tendría menos puntos de resistencia y ataque que otras unidades de artillería pero aún así siendo más fuerte y haciendo más daño que una unidad de infantería.

-Teniendo en cuenta que los lusitanos usaron la táctica de la emboscadas en varias ocasiones no es una idea descabellada , como hicieron en la Batalla de Tribola y la Batalla del Monte Venus .

Referencias;

470774544_guerreroslusitanosdefendiendouncastroanteromanos.png.5fae2f25494ecf48e11454c16eddb225.png258198211_guerreroslusitanosemboscadaaRoma.png.6a30e92a0939cf75851bbd46355c96bd.png865171857_guerreroslusitanosdefendiendocastroderomanos.png.0381afc741580e3488ece2f1e2c972b0.png928491796_guerreroslusitanosemboscandoromanos2.png.4a4401ea8c98a1b6e763ee9d4d449614.png33412692_guerreroslusitanosemboscandoromanos.png.4adfc2e57f80d7036ef9b2c1d76a81ac.png

-Aunque mi intención es la de crear esta unidad  @Lopess cree que sería mejor crear una habilidad o tecnología que permita esta táctica. No se si sería posible ya que @Yekaterina hace tiempo me dijo con respecto al desarrollo de la unidad de "Emboscador Lusitano" que las unidades solo pueden hacer dos cosas a la vez (un tipo de ataque y capacidad de capturar o, dos ataques como está previsto para el emboscador lusitano) y si ese fuera el caso este sería un tercer ataque y no sería posible. En todo caso creo que sería mejor que los/as usuario/as elijan .

Disculpen las molestias*

Hola , buenas ;

-Me tomé la libertad de hacer las texturas para las unidades de asedio (escalas , ariete y posible "lanzador de piedras")con ayuda de @Lopess^_^;

1711635457_texturasunidadesdeasediolusitanasfase2.png.201d3218e927bfd90f1146ffb992451e.png

(Además de la textura de la madera para el ariete y las escalas)

238461504_estacasmaderaoscura.png.84d6fcf5782ad3647459099fc5f1d8c7.png

-Serían las mismas textura para las tres unidades pero , se usaría el ariete Xiongnu como base para las unidades de ariete y escalas lusitanas simplemente ;

Para el Ariete lusitano;

1. Cuatro guerreros , dos a cada lado.
  2. Un tronco con un extremo en punta.
  3. Misma animación que la del ariete Xiongnu.
  4. Sería más rápido y barato pero con menos puntos de ataque y resistencia que otros arietes además de resguardar a 5 unidades como mucho.
  5. Se reclutaría en la Herrería Lusitana.

Para las Escalas lusitanas;

1. Dos guerreros , uno a cada lado.
  2. Una escalera .
  3. En principio haría falta una animación en la que los guerreros ponen de pie la escalera pero eso solo sería estética , ya que solo hace falta que los guerreros se muevan.
  4. Serviría para cruzar murallas, empalizadas u otras defensas, sería rápida y barata pero con menos puntos de resistencia y menos puntos aún de ataque además de solo poder resguardar 5 unidades como mucho ya que sería como una Torre de asedio lowcost (a bajo precio).
  5. Se reclutaría en la Herrería Lusitana.

Para "Lanzador de piedras";

1. Un guerrero , de una complexión física más fuerte que las demás unidades.
  2. Sin armas en las manos , solo un escudo caetra en un lado de la cadera y una daga en el otro lado, sin capa y con un casco de madera sin penacho o con la cabeza descubierta.
  3. La animación serían la anteriormente citada.
  4. Reclutado en la Herrería Lusitana.

Disculpen las molestias*

• Like 2

-Esta es mi idea para los héroes de Lusitania.
1.Viriato; ------------------------------------- (Viriato /¿Virilos?)
2.Punico; ------------------------------------ (Apimano)
3.Cauceno; ---------------------------------- (Kaikainos)

-Descripciones de los héroes;

Viriato ;

-Sería héroe porque consiguió las mayores victorias en batallas , humilló e impuso la paz a la propia Roma y es el caudillo más famoso.
-Físico; Dos modalidades una de infantería y otra de caballería. Unidad de arma cuerpo a cuerpo(espada).
-Bonus; 
1)Al ser un pastor originalmente , Viriato puede reclutar cabezas de ganado , cabras , ovejas , vacas y sacrificarlas para comida.
2)Mientras está viva la unidad de Viriato, los corrales son más baratos, el ganado es más baratos , engorda más y se mueve más rápido.

(Sin textura aún)

Púnico;

-Sería héroe porque fue el primer Gran caudillo lusitano del que hay registros , el fue quién comenzó las Guerras Lusitanas y fue el primero en hacer una gran coalición con otras tribus como los Vetones y Turdetanos.
-Físico; Unidad de caballería. Unidad de arma a distancia (venablos).
-Bonus;
1)Al ser el caudillo que estableció una alianza con los vetones , que pueda reclutar auxiliares vetones más baratos y rápido que en los castros vetones.
2)Mientras está viva la unidad de Púnico, los castros vetones son más fuertes , las unidades auxiliares vetonas se mueven más rápido y ganan más puntos de resistencia.

(Textura de Púnico)

1910214956_texturahroelusitanoAmipano-pnico.png.6aae0a4668b3642c221d3cafe47a47b2.png

Cauceno;

-Sería héroe porque consiguió la proeza de ser el Primer Líder lusitano en cruzar a África del que hay registros, el fue el único caudillo en derrotar a los romanos en dos continentes además de derrotar y sitiar a varios aliados de los romanos ,como tribus númidas e íberas.

-Físico; Unidad de caballería. Unidad de arma cuerpo a cuerpo (tridente)
-Bonus; 
1)Al ser muy posible una alianza con Cartago para cruzar a África, puede construir factorías púnicas más baratas y en menor tiempo que otras unidades.
2)Mientras está viva la unidad de Cauceno, los navíos mercaderes fenicios y los trirremes cartagineses se mueven más rápidos ,son más baratos y los barcos guarecen a más unidades en su interior.

(Textura de Cauceno)

674030195_texturahroelusitanoKaikainos.png.f92b8e93165f2891ec4c3b10d4a7a83b.png

-Estas texturas están sacadas de las unidades campeonas lusitanas que ya hice , pero llevan extras como ; 

1. Torques celtas.
  2. Tabardos de cuero.
  3. Capas de cuero.
  4. Grebas diferentes.
  5. Cinturones diferentes (con hebillas).
  6. Abalorios de oro.

Disculpen las molestias*

• Like 3

On 20/09/2021 at 6:34 PM, Genava55 said:

research] iberians | Page 3 | TaleWorlds Forums

image.thumb.png.fbfa01c3434cf5ae76d7c70984979d81.png

image.png.cb54f61f06220388016dab2e3f10b83e.png

I am skeptical of this kind of illustration depicting a bronze cuirass of the 6th century, a Monte-Bernorio dagger of the 4th century and a Montefortino helmet of the 3rd century BC. Furthermore, if the issue is that the Iberians are currently mixing everything from the Iberian peninsula, doing the same for the Lusitanians will simply be doubling the problem. 

-Renovación de las texturas de la "Unidad campeona de caballería lusitana";

33774281_texturacaballeracampeonalusitana.png.4d83a2f49c71dcb9e629303b55f724a4.png

(lamento no haber hecho más diversidad pero no encontré suficiente variedad de texturas del juego que se pudieran asemejar)

-Esta unidad no llevaría capa.

-Referencias ( traídas por @Genava55);

(Aunque algunos elementos como los escudos no sean caetras , hay una mezcla de cascos celtíberos , íberos etc...)

741721609_guerrerolusitanoconcorazadecuero.png.2c487ca727b86bd22f0a3f40855129d5.png308143090_guerrerolusitanojineteconcorazadecuero.png.56649944b18e9ab34e1d46c75bdd5fd1.png1461218102_guerreroslusitanoscampeonesconcorazadecuero.png.407889a9cfe960e8892da2e48f045e7b.png614594144_guerreroslusitanosconcorazadecuero.png.da98297e0e8799946669485bb8e33947.png441279563_guerreroslusitanosdeliteconcorazasdecuero.png.4f4ee05e1d5cf1b15de3917b6e63afa3.png1366843794_guerreroslusitanosinfanteraconcorazadecuero.png.6431224d7c556a26165e9a55a1edbd32.png

Textura para Viriato;

1343204767_texturahroelusitanoViriato.png.d5e193efe3d80b3d5b4b998af757980c.png

(la textura inferior es una capa)

Disculpen las molestias*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Texturas de escudos para las unidades;

1. Las 4 unidades de infantería ligera en sus 3 fases (lancero , escaramuzador , hondero y espadachín).
  2. Las 2 unidades de caballería ligera en sus 3 fases ( jinete lancero y jinete escaramuzador).
  3. Mujer guerrera (unidad campeona).

1490875924_escudosfase2.thumb.png.2a7ba53e642089ec3bb37139fdbd3bfe.png

-Las hice inspirando me mayormente en símbolos de la cultura castreña. Los símbolos (en negro)  cambiarían de color según la facción.

referencias;

574187351_posiblespatronesparaescudos.thumb.png.4a79f653feed2d43128172f76c0a2a65.png

-Haré otras texturas de escudos (caetras) diferentes para las unidades de héroes y unidades campeonas .Pero serán más lusitanas que castreñas.

Disculpen las molestias*

• Like 1

Texturas para unidades de mercader y pescador (la balsa y la careta ya están creadas);

497921267_tnicapesqueroemercader.png.d765ea864a9e37efc2dc832fe8391684.png

-No llevan capa. Reciclé las texturas de los guerreros de la fase 1, por falta de referencias abundantes. En este caso, llevan una túnica un poco más corta (con costuras y símbolos triangulares), pantalones largos (a diferencia de los guerreros que solo llevan túnica larga) y botas de pelaje. Los triángulos de abajo cambian de color dependiendo de la facción. Las tres texturas superiores no tienen mangas, mientras que las texturas inferiores tienen mangas muy largas.

Disculpen las molestias*

texturas para unidades de Sacerdote y sacerdotisa

(no serían dos unidades , sino que al elegir la unidad en el templo, sale una sacerdotisa o un sacerdote , de forma aleatoria);

1467739413_texturasacerdotisaesacerdotelusitanos.png.82d5f4166fb6c549a0d3bf9f794d28e0.png

Referencias;

984919451_druidagalaico.png.d0e0f4b5e66d65c1a60089348f1b9c67.png670454020_druidaemritual.png.1e6b644b157e52fa2e6741232327db36.png821236754_druidareconstruccindeundolodeSanpaderneenNarn.png.a86ea20381f5f802d0ed9622c48438c5.png1568092304_druidesacastrexa.png.ca6ea74a522ea717bcd9252448257b5d.png1849754723_sacerdotisa.png.5dfd43b4e269afe19cb477f73703cee1.png877512049_representacindeuncasamentocomdruidesa.png.a1e3697962d8a84c7ab8c7d5c85d7c46.png

-Me inspiré principalmente en sacerdotes y sacerdotisas Castreños , hasta que tenga referencias bien refutadas del clero lusitano (pagano)

-Posdata; Ya casi terminé todas las texturas(en la base, si necesitan ser remodeladas o cambiadas por cualquier motivo se deberá hacer) ahora solo me queda terminar las Texturas de "Auxiliares Vettones"

Disculpen las molestias*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1