(Aristeia) Playtest: Egyptians

shieldwolf23

• 1 year later...

@wackyserious you and me are noobs with 3D but... Adding props to building and improved my textures can be nice

i have plenty references but the heavy work is in the programming to update. I revising the mod to have AOE I feeling and functionally by AOM like the obelisk can give and aura to boost economy.

i need a team coworker to planning my original co workers were @Atenmeses52 ( history desing gameplay) and @idanwin

started this with they.

Aristeia is basic nostalgia mod like Millenum take first AOE series.

name some quick tips by @LordGood he is even started some Minoan buildings.

Yeah, I'm still learning bits about 3D too..

Maybe it would be nice to start with updating the mod to match the latest alpha, then we can start adding/improving things. I saw the Minoan assets before, and they where very nice, IMO.

I'm also not very keen with Ancient Egyptian history, but I'm interested in reading about Pre-Classical Greece

Also, I'm about resume my schooling next month. No worries tho, I can still drop by and help (but not as frequent as I did over the past months, like checking every 2-3 hours, haha) I live very close to the campus, this game earned a place in my heart, as I said before, it is on par with the Stronghold series, which I played as a kid, til now. and I don't think that I can just easily let go of this great game. I'll still lurk around, after school :D

It's a bit of a priority issue: we don't have the manpower to actively develop three mods and maintaining those is quite a tough business. That's one of the reasons that only Millennium A.D. has featured progress in the last few months...

• Like 1

On 7/5/2016 at 6:06 PM, niektb said:

It's a bit of a priority issue: we don't have the manpower to actively develop three mods and maintaining those is quite a tough business. That's one of the reasons that only Millennium A.D. has featured progress in the last few months...

I can understand the situation and the need to prioritize one mod in particular. However, I think the rise of the east mod is almost complete? And concerning the two other mods, as exciting as millenium is, I think that Aristeia is the mod closer to the original game in terms of historical scope: ancient history. Now that millenium has had two releases, Aristeia really deserves one, whether it is for this version, or for the next. But of course, it's up to you guys...

Just now, Tomcelmare said:

I think that Aristeia is the mod closer to the original game in terms of historical scope: ancient history.

Well, Ancient Egyptians were in 2000-1500 BC, and Millenium mod first part is into 500-1000 A.D. 0 A.D is into 500 B.C and 1 B.C, so technically Millenium is closer to 0 A.D in time-space :P

On 06/05/2016 at 6:28 PM, Tomcelmare said:

I think there used to be a release of aristeia with Egypt (new kingdom). Will someone make a release for alpha 20?

I've pushed a couple of commits to the repo on GitHub. As long as you're comfortable acquiring the mod from there, Aristeia should (heh) work with the current A20 release without any problems.

On 07/05/2016 at 10:03 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

the programmer part isn't my best.

That's alright. I'm a terrible artist. We all have things we struggle with. I don't mind doing the scripting so long as I have a clear idea of what the end result should be.

On 07/05/2016 at 0:04 PM, wackyserious said:

Maybe it would be nice to start with updating the mod to match the latest alpha, then we can start adding/improving things. I saw the Minoan assets before, and they where very nice, IMO.

I'm also not very keen with Ancient Egyptian history, but I'm interested in reading about Pre-Classical Greece

The list of proposed civs for the mod, along with the current design documents, can be found here.

Sometime ago I implemented the scripting side of the New Kingdom Egyptian civ as close to the design documentation as I could (at the time). All that's left to do there IMO is the art/texturing/etc. I was considering starting to implement the scripting for... uh... the Assyrians, I think... but then @Zophim (author of the design docs) posted this so I elected to wait. And that was a year ago. He does say that he encourages the research into and collection of information regarding the civs. So if there's a civ on the above list that you wish to research... go for it.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for uploading the mod on github! I just had a little test and it went smoothly! Love the music, and the presentation screen. The towncenter is gorgeous, and most of the buildings too. However some of the buildings could have the egyptian drawings/paintings a little more "clear" (right now it looks blurry, if I compare it to the ptolemies buildings). I also have a small problem with the theban/ Ramessid palace which is completely blurry and pixelated when GSL is active. Without GSL is cool though. Otherwise, I really love the units too, especially the pharaoh (but the priests skins could be changed). On the whole, a really good work, and I can only cheer you on to keep on working on this very cool mod, because it's definitely worth it! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomcelmare said:

Yes, you're right about the numbers :P BUT whether it's 3000 BC, or 300 AD, ancient history is ancient history and middle ages is another period. Besides, civs like vikings and carolingians are closer to 1000 AD than 500 AD...

Hmm, well isn't the same "bronze" age and  classical age. Just wanted to make my nerdy social anthropologist point and disturb a little :P

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomcelmare said:

Thank you very much for uploading the mod on github! I just had a little test and it went smoothly! Love the music, and the presentation screen. The towncenter is gorgeous, and most of the buildings too. However some of the buildings could have the egyptian drawings/paintings a little more "clear" (right now it looks blurry, if I compare it to the ptolemies buildings). I also have a small problem with the theban/ Ramessid palace which is completely blurry and pixelated when GSL is active. Without GSL is cool though. Otherwise, I really love the units too, especially the pharaoh (but the priests skins could be changed). On the whole, a really good work, and I can only cheer you on to keep on working on this very cool mod, because it's definitely worth it! :)

Hmm strange could you send a screen ?

I have  clear about art concept in GUi and the music theme.

the soundtrack I want is one mix 0 AD style with original AOE style ( yeah those midi files)

with the GUI can be nice have a theme style art or concept based in the culture or geography. Like mostly of classic RTS.

I like nostalgia factor, plus mixing with the new concepts.

AoE (I) gold edition was my first love.( in the RTS genre).