(Aristeia) Playtest: Egyptians

shieldwolf23

I tested some more and I can confirm that the temples and the houses need a UV remap.

Also I discovered we lack some unit portaits and the following:

Missing prop points:

ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "fire" in model "art/meshes/structural/egypt_blacksmith.dae" for actor "blacksmith" => Fixed
ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "garrisoned" in model "art/meshes/structural/egypt_large_temple.dae" for actor "large_temple" => Fixed
ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "garrisoned" in model "art/meshes/structural/egypt_temple.dae" for actor "temple" => Fixed
ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "garrisoned" in model "art/meshes/structural/egypt_barracks.dae" for actor "barracks" => Fixed

Missing files:

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/units/egypt_infantry_javalinist_b.xml" => Fixed
ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/portraits/units/egypt_infantry_swordsman_2"
ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/portraits/technologies/structures/temple.png"
Edited by niektb

The first is blacksmith im not sure how fix it, im not expert yet in.3D and same for garrisoned actor I need a explain about them.

Missing

Javelin it's is twice

The second of this series i don't make the icon. Is not hard to fix.

The last need new icon is SB1

I planned Egyptians have 3 Special buildings.

For now I'm working inn 3D model of granary and storehouse today only I do that.

i get this.

ERROR: File 'simulation/data/technologies/structure_temple.json' does not exist

ERROR: Failed to load technology "structure_temple"

WARNING: Tried to get data for invalid technology: structure_temple

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/session/utility_functions.js line 621 TypeError: template is null getEntityNames@gui/session/utility_functions.js:621 setupUnitPanel@gui/session/unit_commands.js:707 updateUnitCommands@gui/session/unit_commands.js:1128 updateSelectionDetails@gui/session/selection_details.js:411 onSimulationUpdate@gui/session/session.js:539 onTick@gui/session/session.js:417 __eventhandler207 (tick)@sn tick:0

This is due to a change you made: https://github.com/0ADMods/Aristeia/commit/bba32d299b5f1d1096bd61de431c78facb60bb4e#diff-5f67c35c8fa0e84b806561ea51f854c1

structure_temple_large is a technology name that unlocks the large temple. So yes, structure_temple as a technology doesn't exist, and it should be structure_temple_large.

how I can créate a technologies , I'm really interesting in that stuff

Technologies are defined in simulation/data/technologies. There you can define the names, the tooltips, the effects. Then you need to make them researchable (if they're not auto-researched) in the productionqueue of an entity. (see http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Technology_Templates and http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TechModifications).

Technologies are defined in simulation/data/technologies. There you can define the names, the tooltips, the effects. Then you need to make them researchable (if they're not auto-researched) in the productionqueue of an entity. (see http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Technology_Templates and http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TechModifications).

Thank you a lot you are one most helpful developer here.

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/portraits/technologies/structures/temple.png"
That one I will fix with the next commit.

Thus there's only one issue left and I'll fix it by providing a dummy image from the ptolemies in the next commit too:

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/portraits/units/egypt_infantry_swordsman_2"

ok you copmitted this I try to fix the Obelisk. Sicerily I like it. Me gusta :)

But as I said there a brightness differences between the lower stones and the standing walls, with the obelisk is nothing wrong (except that it isn't really beautiful)

It's okay for a start, we can improve it later, e.g. the Obelisk. Thx for fixing it, Niek.

Does anyone know if we don't have textures other than AO?

Do we always use egypt_struct.png? And if we do how is it possible to have different UV mapping for AO and diffuse? I didn't know that's possible.

The females can't build large temple, rank tech is needed for barrack instead actually pair, that is for blacksmith.

The healer got problem, I prefer convert be a ability like repair than a action like attack.

-I'm thinking in a Cavalry Stable. Or Nubian Embassy, can be like Seleucid tech select between two or even three foreign mercenary ( sea people, nubian, berebers)

-The mace can be one kind, the bronze one, even is portrait in some egyptian walls.

I need melee chariot spear and archer chariot .

Niektb how you fix the axe problem?

I've fixed buildings, but the scale of UV islands is something we must be careful with. Otherwise the bricks don't fit anymore .. and exactly that is what we deal with here too.

I fixed two houses. Yet some remain.T

The points you mention sound reasonable. I'm not sure how quick I can add those ... (especially the Convert is something for later, we better start balancing a bit later once we're settled. currently I feel like I can't handle it all as in the next days I have to replace one of our farm's workforces, i.e. sheep milking, cow feeding, cheese making, ... I might have no time at all for half a week again.)

• Like 1

Ok, I didn't notice. It can indeed handle more UV maps. (PropertiesPanel->Vertices (that Triangle) -> UV maps.)

That's where the UV map for the ambient occlusion (ao) is.

We have still some distortion but it should be ready soon.

Though I now wonder how I could add a normal map. Probably have to change the XML/Actor material.

Edited by Hephaestion
  • Like 1

<variant frequency="2" name="House A">      <mesh>structural/egypt_house.dae</mesh>      <textures>      	<texture file="structural/egypt_struct.png" name="baseTex"/>        <texture file="structural/egypt_struct_norm.png" name="normTex"/>        <texture file="structural/egypt_struct_spec.png" name="specTex"/>        <texture file="structural/ao/egypt_house.png" name="aoTex"/>	  </textures>    </variant>

Sure I added it.

Awesome. indeed i see now.

Anyone knows why we have house_b and house_b2 and house_c and house_c2 ?

When I imported those, then all were equal. We should not have those 2 variants if they are no variants (and I don't see any difference. Perhaps I'm blind.).

COLLADA .dae is XML and hence is being versioned by Git. Thus smaller 'improvements'/changes should be exported into the same .dae which was imported before improving it. No offense, I just wondered about what those are good for. Surely I'm just missing the point.

Edited by Hephaestion