(Aristeia) Playtest: Egyptians

shieldwolf23

Menú in spanish. Is not very noticia le for me., guys I need help, the user interface is very confuse to modding, the names are not clear and are very old files there.

You can't fix that menu button now, we will first have to make it text, instead of an image. Or do you need help with something else?

Some body know how change the class to a unit, our spearman have swordman soul.
<Entity parent="template_unit_infantry_melee_swordsman">

-->

<Entity parent="template_unit_champion_infantry_spearman">

OR

<Entity parent="template_unit_infantry_melee_spearman">

have adapted it and committed. Awesome this current progress.

Edited by Hephaestion

The parent XML is where the file inherits from. That's pretty powerful.

e.g.

animal.xml contains all general data (plus default values for e.g. speed, ...)

and

horse.xml then overrides e.g. the speed element, the obstruction size and whatever.

You probably noticed that the advanced infantry soldier inherits from the base infantry soldier. And the elite one from the advanced one.

That makes it pretty simple to keep the data integrity (as all values which are not defined will fall back to value in the parent file, and if there it's also not defined then to the next parent. and so on. If we reach the root template and there's still no element defined then we probably get an error (if the element is required).

Wow. This is impressive progress.

one note: Could you go into more detail please in the commit messages?

It should describe as much as to what you changed.

e.g. instead of

fix

better use:

fix javelinist (no longer use carthaginian/iberian).

add egyptian javelinist templates (elite + advanced).

add two new egyptian head textures

add nubi body texture

add hele hood as placeholder

add ptolemian healer as placeholder

Then people would immediately see how much new awesomeness you added instead of only "fix".

You are no longer only our 2D rocket. Awesome!!

• Like 1

Wow. This is impressive progress.one note: Could you go into more detail please in the commit messages?It should describe as much as to what you changed.e.g. instead ofbetter use:Then people would immediately see how much new awesomeness you added instead of only "fix".You are no longer only our 2D rocket. Awesome!!

even I'm not sure what I'm doing some times hahaha, I'm not very familiar with this methods but I try to doing your suggestion the next time.

No problem. It's great progress colleague.

Niekt has fixed some errors which Sander reported.

My old beardiness has added a new tech which makes the normal temple a precondition for the large temple being built.

The tech is quite expensive and takes a long time to research. Also females will refuse to gather meat because of spiritual enlightenment.

All civil gatherers will have a reduced gather rate of 90% (instead of 100% of the current value). That's because all those monks and priests and healers which research the tech need to be fed. Thus there is not much time left to gather for the citiy state.

It's an effort to balance the incredible strength of the converting priest which is trainable in the Large Temple.

Lion, you have changed the nubian spearman to javelinist (https://github.com/0ADMods/Aristeia/commit/1d8e68c9128d8f49b5b97eba4fcc96bd9b1c98ad#diff-ff0cf84a9008231701b62c4516824a5f), but that template isn't present yet (I guess you forgot to commit it).

Also, do you know there are still textures missing? Maybe some of them are also textures you forgot committing.

As we plan to release 0 A.D. soon, it might be nice to get your mods also in a releasable state, so people who download A16 can check out that version of your mods.

Lion, you have changed the nubian spearman to javelinist (https://github.com/0ADMods/Aristeia/commit/1d8e68c9128d8f49b5b97eba4fcc96bd9b1c98ad#diff-ff0cf84a9008231701b62c4516824a5f), but that template isn't present yet (I guess you forgot to commit it).

Also, do you know there are still textures missing? Maybe some of them are also textures you forgot committing.

As we plan to release 0 A.D. soon, it might be nice to get your mods also in a releasable state, so people who download A16 can check out that version of your mods.

its weird because I commit for every change, yesterday I didn't play only I added fortress and a axe, I get a error but I can't fix it.

It's impossible get the mod in time, many art sets are not ready are missing chariot cavalry , the fortress need props, many uv error when I update Idanwin textures.

I need help to done. For me is a maze each time I mod that, afortunatly you guys help me.

its weird because I commit for every change, yesterday I didn't play only I added fortress and a axe, I get a error but I can't fix it.

It's impossible get the mod in time, many art sets are not ready are missing chariot cavalry , the fortress need props, many uv error when I update Idanwin textures.

I need help to done. For me is a maze each time I mod that, afortunatly you guys help me.

If you commit all, that doesn't mean new files are committed too. You need to specially select new files to commit.

If you commit all, that doesn't mean new files are committed too. You need to specially select new files to commit.

Ok I fixed, almost all except one I only committed but I don't push yet. I'm testing

@ Stan

@hephaestion

I need correct textures, for me is a work about many hours. But to you is simple.

Do you know which UV maps are broken?

If you only repaint textures (not shifting transition lines and not moving parts of the texture) and best also always look at what it looks like in blender, then we should not have to remap the UV coordinates. <-- only guarantueed when using Blender External Paint Autorefresh (as programs)

There must be a tutorial about how to edit a texture with Photoshop and see the changes in blender in realtime (I know it's possible when using GIMP). <-- see below

Alternatively use Blender's texture painting tools, you can sketch directly onto the 3D model and also on the texture itself. Though I guess you're interested in a realtime Photoshop-GIMP interaction (which I'm not sure exists sure it exists here).

External Autorefresh works for both GIMP and Photoshop and not saves the internal UV mappings and such. Thus no more probs like you described. It should give you a boost for future work. (not sure if you could repeat your tweaks using this mode,... it's not yet clear to me how the textures are messed up, but if it's too time-consuming then we'll try to fix the UV maps. For the future then you know your ultra boost External Autorefresh functionality. ;))

Edited by Hephaestion