(Aristeia) Playtest: Egyptians

shieldwolf23

Summarizing:

The game still can't find those formations (hmm, I thought I had fixed those, maybe a typo)

Females trainable in houses do not exist (indeed but we need to decide whether we want them or not)

The persian mill does not exist: That is true, it hasn't been created yet.

And a bunch of Aegis related errors which I can't help

• Like 1

Github is confirmed to be the latest version, every single change is committed there.

But I noticed that the normals can we way stronger and that is has strange specular maps. Something to change too.

Lol, got the formations error :wallbash:

Had written every formation with a Uppercase.

Edit: should be fixed within a few seconds.

Edited by niektb

Have committed an AristeiaAttack typo fix. We forgot a terminating }.

Good work of you Aristeia creators (idanwin, Lion). Thx for fixing Niek. Didn't realise it was really playable until Shieldwolf opened my eyes.

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/scatter.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/box.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/columnclosed.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/lineclosed.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/columnopen.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/lineopen.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/flank.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/skirmish.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/wedge.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/battleline.png"ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/session/icons/formations/formations/phalanx.png"
We don't have those images? That's strange. Edited by Hephaestion

I have looked for it, to no avail. We don't have it double. At least in the mods/public/ revision I have here locally. Will make an update.

Best we just wait for another playtest. Maybe it's fixed by your formations fix.

Usually you find the GUI for this in public/gui/session/session.xml.

egypt_support_female_citizen_house and others are not defined. Do we need artwork for that, Lion? Stan ist the definite buildings' master among us. :D

This is really strange:

/common-api-v3/

@Shieldwolf:

You tested with the Alpha 15? Niek, can we somehow guide him to the SVN windows? Or did you try to compile the git version, Shieldwolf? Where are you stuck? We'll try to help.

Perhaps I can create batch file to make it a 1-liner for Windows too.

egypt_support_female_citizen_house and others are not defined. Do we need artwork for that, Lion? Stan ist the definite buildings' master among us. :D

Nope, just a small template like this: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/units/athen_support_female_citizen_house.xml

This is really strange:

/common-api-v3/

The old common-api and common-api-v2 are completely removed from the codebase, and common-api-v3 is renamed to common-api.

Btw, where can I find your sources to investigate that formation issue?

Ah thanks. Now I see what it's for. Strange it doesn't fetch it from the public mod. Or perhaps it's because of old Alpha 15.

The old common-api and common-api-v2 are completely removed from the codebase, and common-api-v3 is renamed to common-api.

That's what I thought too.

@Shieldwolf: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Windows

Just check out SVN and use the autobuild in binaries/system/pyrogenesis.exe . So you don't have to compile anything. Nor have you to deal with Visual Studio (just like Niek once told me in the Group PM).

It's best you check out the Engine on Windows from SVN.

You just need Visual Studio - any version. <- That might be the biggest challenge. The rest is a one-liner. I can't provide a batch file, but the 0AD devs have already updateWorkspace.bat which does most of the work for you.

The git repositories may still go directly inside the SVN folder structure (just like for git).

@Sander17: https://github.com/0ADCoM/Aristeia thx for the help. I simply can't find it. Have looked from TextureManager.cpp's CTexture::TryLoad() on. Yet it must be somewhere on the JavaScript side.

I guess it's because he used Alpha 15? Because I grepped the whole repository for formation and checked all occurrences. There seems to be no issue with that. Though things like concatenation of variables I didn't check:

iconPath = basePath + type + formationIconPath
Edited by Hephaestion

For now, A15 is our most recent release. Only SVN versions are newer.

But we're planning to release a new version in a few weeks.

@modders. It might be good to also do a release of a mod when 0 A.D. does a release. That way, players with an older version can still download the mod suited for their version. If you keep developing on SVN, you should have a working mod against we do our release too, so it can be released more or less together.

• Like 1

For now, A15 is our most recent release. Only SVN versions are newer.But we're planning to release a new version in a few weeks.@modders. It might be good to also do a release of a mod when 0 A.D. does a release. That way, players with an older version can still download the mod suited for their version. If you keep developing on SVN, you should have a working mod against we do our release too, so it can be released more or less together.

Few weeks with the internationalization and bugs ( fixed) related to spidermonkey?

• 2 weeks later...

Good work.

Say, is it just me that believes that no unit of the Egyptians is designated as Convert capable? No unit has AttackType Convert. Which should we change?

Or should we create a priest quickly which takes over the converting from the healers?

Can I commit into Git? Will do.. but conversion not works.